General Manager of Menlo Systems Inc
Menlo Systems is a high-tech company that develops, manufactures and sells lasers and laser systems for precision applications in research and industry. Menlo Systems is one of the market leaders in the field of optical precision measurements with light and lasers based on the Nobel Prize-winning frequency comb technology. The company is headquartered in Martinsried, near Munich, Germany. Menlo Systems Inc, located in Newton, New Jersey, is the U.S. subsidiary for sales and service in North America.
Purpose of the Position
- General Manager directs and coordinates all activities of Menlo Systems Inc business.
- Is responsible for the P/L of that business.
- Reports to CEO in Germany.
Essential Job Functions include the following, but are not limited to:
- Directs and coordinates all activities within Menlo Systems Inc.
- Develops and implements long-range goals and objectives to meet business and profitability growth objectives.
- Reviews analyses of costs and forecast data to determine progress toward stated goals and objectives.
- Develops and performs analyses of activities and operations.
- Confers with the Chief Executive Officer and other administrative personnel to review achievements and discuss required changes in goals or objectives resulting from current status and conditions.
- Reviews and approves preparation of accounting analysis for budgetary planning and implementation, and for financial reporting.
- Participates in formulating company policies, develops new processes for the subsidiary and for cooperation with the parent company, oversees key processes.
- Supports a geographically dispersed team of employees, develops strategies, processes and guidelines for cooperation and communication amongst all employees. Strengthens the team.
- Oversees key projects, reviews operations and plans to meet requirements for sales planning.
- Builds a network of key customers and of people in the industry and in authorities and institutions.
- Reviews and supports sales to oversee design concepts with fundamental or new technology used for new or existing products or improvement to provide customer requirements and market growth.
- Develops and implements strategy for growing the US team according to business success. Identifies, interviews and hires candidates for open positions.
- Prepares for future production capabilities and resolves operational, manufacturing and facility problems to ensure minimum costs and prevent operational delays and to meet future growth.
- In addition to the essential functions and duties listed above, all positions are also responsible for:
- Meeting company standards pertaining to quantity and quality of work performed on an ongoing basis, performing all work related tasks in a manner that is in compliance with all Company policies and procedures.
- Adhering to Company policies, procedures, and directives regarding standards of workplace behavior in completing job duties and assignments.
- The Company retains the right to change or assign other duties to this position.
- No physical demands required to perform duties.
- Minimum 3-5 years of management experience in relevant industries such as Lasers, Optical Fiber, Semiconductor, Life Science Imaging System, etc.
- Bachelor's Degree, MBA, MS or PhD preferred.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
- Entrepreneurial and willingness to get "hands dirty" in entrepreneurial environment
- Demonstrated experience in business planning and launching new brands. Strong decision making skills.
- Strong business acumen and strong strategic thinking skills
- Strong willingness to act as a change agent, ability to strengthen a team
- Demonstrated experience in a customer centric environment, willingness to build a personal network in the industry
- Experience in financial management
- Strong budget management skill
- Strong willingness to cooperate and to communicate openly with the headquarters in Germany
- Strong willingness to travel to the headquarters in Germany and to customers and employees (field representatives) in the USA
- Organizational Relationships
This position is directly responsible for all employees within the Menlo Systems Inc business.
Menlo Systems Inc values its diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status. Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. The organization maintains its status as an at-will employer. Employees can be terminated for any reason not prohibited by law.