Post - Doctoral Research Associate
A Post-Doctoral position is immediately available at Old Dominion University Research Foundation in Norfolk, VA to join a new NIH-funded project exploring the molecular mechanisms by which heat shock proteins regulate acute (inflammation, pulmonary endothelial barrier function) and chronic (pulmonary interstitial fibrosis) sequelae of Acute Lung Injury (ALI). 4 years laboratory experience required, to include molecular biology techniques (Western blotting, co-immunoprecipitation, ChIP, RT-PCR, etc) Analytical techniques and mammalian cell culture techniques. Prior experience with murine models of ALI, ILD, live cell microscopy, protein chemistry and endothelial cell biology is desirable. This position is initially available for two years with a possible 1-year extension based on funding. Salary is commensurate with experience. Full-time position with competitive salary and benefit program. Position #19001. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. To apply for the position please visit the Old Dominion University Research Foundation website at http://researchfoundation.odu.edu/ then click on the employment tab.
Required: MD, DVM or PhD in a biomedical science
1. Perform cellular and molecular biology experiments. Excellent knowledge of Western blotting is a must.
2. Remain up to date with pertinent literature
3. Write scientific abstracts and papers
4. Apply for relevant fellowships
5. Contribute to laboratory maintenance
6. Supervise research technicians and students, when needed
7. Collect, organize and store data
8. Make presentations of data in laboratory, local, regional, national or international meetings
9. Recommend new research venues
10.Keep up to date with relevant compliance requirements of the lab