Clinical Research Neurologist/Psychiatrist
TauRx Pharmaceuticals Ltd is focused on the discovery, development and commercialisation of products for the diagnosis and treatment of neurodegenerative diseases caused through protein aggregation. Its lead product is LMTX®, the first Tau Aggregation Inhibitor (TAI) targeting the Tau pathology of Alzheimer’s Disease.
TauRx uses internal resources and strategic relationships to progress the development, testing and regulatory approvals of its intellectual property. The Company has a strong research foundation, with operational footprints at important academic institutions and a group of strong strategic partners to assist it in contract research, drug development, clinical research, quality assurance and regulatory interactions and filings. TauRx intends to maintain responsibility for final product manufacturing with the ultimate sales and distribution of TauRx-developed products undertaken through royalty-bearing distribution agreements with established pharmaceutical companies. Since its inception, the company has raised almost US$600m to fund its programs.
We are looking for a Clinical Research Neurologist/Psychiatrist to join an established team with responsibility for:
- Providing strategic direction and support to TauRx clinical development activities by creating clinical development plans, proposing clinical study designs, drafting clinical study protocols and clinical study reports, updating the Investigator’s Brochure and contributing to regulatory submissions and discussions.
- Sharing in the public communication of clinical study results and clinical development strategy through the co-authorship of papers for submission to peer-reviewed journals, the delivery of presentations at scientific conferences and participation in discussions with KOLs and potential industry partners and investors.
- Create and revise clinical study plans, protocols and supporting documentation to permit timely implementation of clinical development plans.
- Participate in the identification, evaluation and selection of clinical research organizations and other contractors for the provision of clinical trial services.
- Participate and contribute to the discussions of Data Safety Monitoring Boards (DSMB), ensuring that their composition and functionality meets regulatory requirements and accepted Industry best practice.
- Contribute clinical insight to internal scientific discussions, lead in the drafting of clinical study reports and participate in drafting scientific papers reporting clinical study results.
- Participate in the creation of applications to regulatory authorities for marketing approval for TauRx’s drug products and in meetings with regulators.
- Communicate clinical study results and underlying TauRx technology at medical conferences, and to potential strategic partners and investors.
- Provide protocol training and therapeutic area training where required.
- Conduct all activities according to regulatory requirements, global guidelines and TauRx policies and procedures.
Candidates will ideally have a medical degree or PhD in a relevant subject area as well as a minimum of 5 years’ experience in clinical research. You should have experience of presenting clinical data at scientific conferences and of publishing papers in scientific journals.
An understanding of the pharmaceutical industry and the drug development process as well as regulatory knowledge is highly desirable.
We are looking for an adaptable, driven individual who can work flexibly in a small organisation with global ambitions and limited resources and who will relish the opportunity to be part of this exciting project.
To apply, please send your CV to Ailsa Sutherland at FWB Park Brown or alternatively call her on 00 44 131 539 7087 to discuss the role further.
Apply for Clinical Research Neurologist/Psychiatrist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly