Director, Antigen Design & Selection
Moderna Infectious Disease, is seeking an exceptionally talented and highly motivated scientific leader, with a broad skill base in computational and structural biology, bioinformatics and protein biochemistry, to lead the antigen selection and design team. They will be part of a highly collaborative, multi-disciplinary, and fast-paced team that is translating Moderna's mRNA technology into an exceptionally broad portfolio of vaccines and therapeutics against infectious diseases. The successful applicant will deploy his/her extensive expertise in protein modelling and characterization, to lead a small team of computational biologists and protein biochemists, to develop novel antigens or therapeutics proteins that can be successfully encoded via Moderna's mRNA technology. This is a unique opportunity to work in an innovative environment on a truly transformative infectious diseases platform.
Here's What You'll Do:
- Reporting to the Head of Research, Infectious Disease, The Associate Director/Director will:
- Lead, reinforce and supervise a small team of scientists/RAs to design and characterize novel antigens for Moderna's vaccines and therapeutics against infectious disease targets
- Identifying and nurturing relationships with CROs and leading academic centers with state-of-the art capabilities for protein design and characterization
- As a member of the Research Leadership team, help shape the overall portfolio of approaches and problem-solve their technical execution
Here's What You'll Bring to the Table:
- PhD in Biochemistry, Biology, Molecular Biology, Biophysics, Structural biology
- 5 years of experience in antigen/protein design and characterization.
- Proven record of discovery of several vaccines with successful proof-of-concept studies in animal models and, ideally, in human studies
- 7 years of experience in antigen discovery.
- Track record of leading projects through to IND or other equivalent early clinical milestone
- Several years of supervisory experience
- Candidate will be curious in exploring new path for drug discovery, bold in proposing creative experimental designs and ideas. Will work collaboratively with multifunctional teams and will be relentless in pursuing successful outcomes
Here's What We'll Bring to the Table:
- Daily on-site catered lunches
- Company-provided iPhone
- Free parking, monthly subway pass or a subsidized commuter rail pass
- Highly competitive healthcare coverage including: medical offered through BCBS (HMO/PPO), dental, and vision offered through VSP
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical expenses and dependent care expenses
- 16 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for all new parents
- 16 weeks 100% paid family caregiver leave
- 20 weeks 100% paid medical leave
- Adoption assistance and discounts to local childcare centers, as well as access to care.com
- 401k (traditional and Roth offered) with 50% match on first 6% deferred. Match is vested immediately
- A suite of Moderna paid insurance coverage, including: life insurance, short-term and long-term disability
- Voluntary legal assistance plan
- 15 days' vacation and 7 sick days per year, in addition to a discretionary winter shut down and 11 company paid holidays
Why join Moderna Therapeutics
We are pioneering a new class of medicines made of messenger RNA, or mRNA. The potential implications of using mRNA as a drug are significant and far-reaching. It could transform not only how certain diseases are treated but also how medicines are discovered, developed and manufactured - at a breadth, scale and speed not common in the biopharma industry.
Since our founding in 2011, we have built the industry's leading mRNA technology platform, the infrastructure to accelerate drug discovery and speed early development, a rapidly expanding pipeline, and an unparalleled team. Our development pipeline includes development candidates for mRNA-based vaccines and therapies spanning several therapeutic areas, and we have multiple clinical trials already underway with other development candidates progressing toward the clinic. In addition, we have a number of discovery programs that are advancing toward the development stage.
We invite you to explore our site to learn more about our company and how we are advancing the promise of mRNA science to improve health and impact lives around the world.
Deliver on the promise of mRNA science to create a new generation of transformative medicines for patients.
Moderna is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Moderna will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.