RAMALINGASWAMI RE-ENTRY FELLOWSHIP: 2018-2019
Department of Biotechnology Ministry of Science & Technology Government of India
RAMALINGASWAMI RE-ENTRY FELLOWSHIP: 2018-2019
Applications are solicited from Indian Nationals working in overseas research institutions for the “Ramalingaswami Re-entry Fellowship”, a Re-entry scheme of the Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Ministry of Science & Technology, Government of India.
Aim of the Fellowship
The scheme is conceptualized with the aim of attracting highly skilled researchers (Indian Nationals) working overseas in various cutting-edge disciplines of Life Sciences/Biotechnology/Bioengineering/Health Care, Agriculture/ Veterinary Sciences and all other allied areas by providing them an attractive avenue to pursue their R&D interests in Indian institutions.
Who is eligible to apply?
The applicant should possess a Ph.D., /M.D., or equivalent degree with an outstanding track record as reflected in publications and other recognitions and with at least three years of postdoctoral research experience of which last two years should be from overseas laboratory. Those who have already returned to India within one year of the closing date of this advertisement are also eligible. Researchers up to 45 years of age as determined on closing date of application are eligible to apply.
Incentives of being a Ramallngaswaml Fellow
- This is a senior fellowship programme and awardees are to be considered equivalent to Assistant Professor/Scientist-D level position. Fellows selected are entitled to lake up leaching/research assignments and supervising Doctoral/MS students.
- The scheme provides a consolidated monthly remuneration of Rs. 1,00,000/p.m. In addition, a House Rent Allowance of Rs. 18,5001- p.m. (Consolidated) is given to fellows. In case host institute provides accommodation to the fellow, no House Rent Allowance is admissible. The fellowship is taxable as per Govt of India rules.
- Fellows will receive a research/contingency grant of Rs.10.00 lakhs for the 1st & 2nd year, Rs.7.50 lakhs for the 3rd & 4th year, Rs. 5.00 lakhs for 5th year for purchase of consumables, minor equipment, international and domestic travel, engaging manpower and other contingent expenditure to be incurred for the implementation of research proposal which is a part of fellowship and lnstitutional overhead @Rs. 50,000/year.
- DBT encourages host institutions to provide medical benefits, transport allowance, leave travel allowance and other benefits as per their prevailing norms as applicable to their employees of the rank equivalent to Assistant Professor/Scientist D out of their own resources/funds.
- Fellows retain an option for drawing either the fellowship or salary they are appointed at a suitable permanent scientific position. Fellows opting for salary can continue to avail the research/contingency grant with prior approval of DBI
- Ramalingaswami Re-entry Fellows could take up fellowship at any of the scientific Institutes/ universities/ relevant Industries in the country. However, application should be duly forwarded by the competent authority of Ille host Institute. Fellows can change their host institute only once during the tenure of the fellowship with the prior No Objection Certificate from the host institute who has forwarded the application [Director/Registrar/Vice-Chancellor/Dean/ CEO/ HR Head (in case of industry) or as the case may be]. Second change will be allowed only in case the fellow gets a permanent job.
- Candidate can submit his/her nomination through single host institute only. However, institutions can nominate more than one candidate.
- Awardees are eligible to apply for research grants to any of the funding agencies towards accomplishment of research proposal. However, the Co-Pl has to be a permanent employee of' the host institution.
Tenure of fellowship
Fellows can draw fellowship for a term of five years. Fellowship is further extendable for another two years on a fresh appraisal. Only fellowship & HRA will be admissible during extension period. No research/contingency grant will be provided during extension period. Those who are able to secure permanent positions will not be considered for 2nd term.
How to apply
Applications may be sent as per proforma downloadable from DBT website (www.dbtindia.nic.in) duly forwarded by the competent authority to Dr. Meenakshi Munshi, Advisor/Scientist 'G', Department of Biotechnology. Block-2. 7th Floor, CGO Complex. Lodhi Road, New Delhi-110 003, both as a hard copy as well as Soft copy (a s a single PDF file only) latest by 31st January,2019. The applications not forwarded by the host institution will not be considered. Soft copy to be mailed at Email: email@example.com
Apply for RAMALINGASWAMI RE-ENTRY FELLOWSHIP: 2018-2019
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly