The Ivy Brain Tumor Center at the Barrow Neurological Institute is currently recruiting highly motivated and driven Postdoctoral fellow, preferably a recent graduate (Ph.D., M.D., DVM) to join our pharmacodynamics and pharmacokinetics team focusing on cutting edge Phase 0/II clinical trials for glioblastoma at BNI. Candidates with strong background in the field of Neurobiology, Cancer Biology, Immune-oncology, Pharmacology, Medicinal Chemistry, Molecular and Cellular Biology will be considered. Prior experience in conducting drug treament studies and knowledge of signal transduction pathways is preferred.
The Ivy Brain Tumor Center is a non-conventional, non-profit program offering state-of-the-art clinical trials for patients with most aggressive form of brain cancer. It is home to the largest collection of Phase 0 trials for brain tumor in the world. Our trials select patients with specific genetic signatures to receive a matched experimental treatment regimen prior to their scheduled brain tumor operation. The tumor samples are rapidly analyzed for the drug penetration and target modulation by our Pharmacodynamics and Pharmacokinetics Core members. Once the drug proves to reach the tumor at an effective dose the patient is graduated to Phase II where they receive therapeutic dosage of the drugs.
Job Description and Expectations:
- Candidate is expected to critically think, design, perform clinical studies, experiments and interpret data independently (this is a MUST).
- Demonstrated scientific expertise in oncogenic and neurodevelopmental signal transduction pathways.
- Coordinate with the Pharmacodynamics Core Supervisor and other team members and develop assays for biomarker detection in tumor samples
- Review, analyze and provide interpretation of PD data for both non-clinical and clinical studies.
- Comply with established Center policies and procedures, objectives, quality assurance and safety program.
- Applicants should have strong communication skills in a team based environment.
- Prepare data, figures and contribute to authoring of conference abstracts, assist in writing grants and manuscripts, and present at scientific conferences.
- We are looking for a candidate who wants to make a difference by being part of this cutting edge clinical trials program, enjoys science, is persistent, someone who loves to be part of a team and deeply cares about their job.
More searches like this
- Life Sciences Full Time Healthcare/Hospital jobs in Phoenix
- Health Sciences Full Time Healthcare/Hospital jobs in Phoenix
- Healthcare Full Time Healthcare/Hospital jobs in Phoenix
- Preclinical Development Full Time Healthcare/Hospital jobs in Phoenix
- Translational Research Full Time Healthcare/Hospital jobs in Phoenix