Oregon Health & Science University is nationally distinguished as a research university dedicated solely to advancing health sciences. The OHSU Knight Cancer Institute programs in Spatial Systems Biomedicine, Computational Biology, Early Cancer Detection and Precision Oncology are seeking individuals with expertise in:
• Advanced imaging
• Multiscale biology in four dimensions
• Systems biology
• Genome science
• Reporter chemistry
• Computational biology
• Translational medicine
Successful candidates will collaborate on high-impact projects in multidisciplinary teams with access to advanced omic analysis technologies, light and electron microscopes, including those at the Pacific Northwest Center for CryoEM and a large-scale computing cluster. This position is a member of a research team in the Biomedical Engineering department and the OHSU Center for Spatial Systems Biomedicine (OCSSB).
- Ph.D. in Biophysics or a related scientific field such as Physics (with optics training), Biology, Biochemistry or Bioengineering within three years
- Familiarity with microscopy and cancer biology
- Skill in quantitative analysis of biological images
- Excellent communication skills with ability to organize and document research data
- Biophysics or Bioengineering background with rich experience in imaging
- Highly motivated and dedicated to scientific research
- Solid laboratory skills in cell biology and biological imaging
- Familiarity with MatLab, LabView and/or other scientific programming languages
Live in a trendsetting city
We have a stunning location in Portland, Oregon. Considered one of the most desirable and livable cities in the nation, Portland offers seasonal beauty, awe-inspiring vistas (especially from the OHSU campus), cultural delights and an abundance of recreational activity.
About Oregon Health & Science University
U.S. News and World Report has named OHSU Hospital the No.1 Hospital in Oregon. A Magnet®-designated health care facility, we educate health professionals and scientists and provide leading-edge patient care, community service and biomedical research. We offer competitive salaries and excellent benefits.
Apply Online Today!
Oregon Health & Science University values a diverse and culturally competent workforce. We are proud of our commitment to being an equal opportunity, affirmative action organization that does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of any protected class status, including disability status and protected veteran status. Individuals with diverse backgrounds and those who promote diversity and a culture of inclusion are encouraged to apply. To request reasonable accommodation contact the Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Department at 503-494-5148 or firstname.lastname@example.org.