Post-Doctoral Researcher (m/f)
The Leibniz Institute for Natural Product Research and Infection Biology – Hans Knöll Institute – (HKI, www.leibniz-hki.de) investigates the pathobiology of human-pathogenic fungi and identifies targets for the development of novel natural product-based antibiotics. The independent research group Chemical Biology of Microbe-Host Interactions invites applications for a
Post-doctoral Researcher (m/f)
The position is available from February 1, 2019 or soon after for two years initially.
Project title: Transcriptome studies of morphogenic processes in the marine hydroid Hydractinia
Proposed Project Workflow:
- Comparative and/or differential transcriptome analysis (RNAseq) of different growth stages of a marine invertebrate
- In silico analysis of signalling cascade underlying the bacterial-induced metamorphosis
- Phylogenetic analysis of putative chemoreceptors
- In-situ hybridization to study the local expression levels of receptor candidates
Our requirements: A strong interest in conducting collaborative research on the topic outlined above is paramount. Candidates are expected to be interested in working at the boundaries of several research domains.
- Very good theoretical and practical skills in bioinformatics and/or cellular biology of marine invertebrates
- The candidate should embrace working in a young international research team and conducting research that covers multiple biological disciplines
- A PhD degree in Life Sciences, Cell Biology and/or Computational Biology, Bioinformatics. Candidates about to obtain their degree are welcome to apply!
- An integrative and cooperative personality with enthusiasm for actively participating in a lively community of the HKI, the JSMC (www.jsmc.uni-jena.de) and ILRS (www.ilrs.de) community
- Very good communication and writing skills (English)
We offer an international and multi-disciplinary environment. Currently the group consists of ~10 members at different levels of seniority; post-doctoral scientists, PhD students, master students.
More information for the research output of the group can be found here: https://www.leibniz-hki.de/en/chemical-biology-of-microbe-host-interactions.html
Salary is paid according to German TV-L (salary agreement for public service employees). As an equal opportunity employer the HKI is committed to increase the percentage of female scientists and therefore especially encourages them to apply.
Further information: Dr. Christine Beemelmanns | email@example.com
Complete applications in English should include a CV, certificates, transcripts, a brief statement of research experiences and interests and the contact details of two possible referees, and should be submitted via https://jobs.hki-jena.de/jobs/stellenangebote. Final Deadline: January 20, 2019; but applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.