(Contract) Research Associate, New Venture Labs
An opportunity for a discovery biologist is available to join Moderna's early discovery and innovation incubator, New Venture Labs. New Venture Labs utilizes multidisciplinary approaches to understand protein structure, molecular signaling pathways, and dynamics of novel targets in preparation for their advancement into our drug discovery pipeline. The candidate will design and execute experiments to validate novel targets. Applicants should be outstanding scientists, collaborative team members and terrific communicators. This position will be for 6 months.
Here's What You'll Do:
- Validate novel targets in vitro.
- Develop and execute in vitro/ex vivo assays (Flow cytometry, ELISA, Western Blot, qPCR, etc).
- Perform cell culture including maintaining and plating of cell lines and primary cells.
- Interpret, troubleshoot, and report complex data.
- Prepare documents and present results, project updates, and summaries in a professional and timely manner.
Here's What You'll Bring to the Table:
- A BS/BA with 2-5 years of experience or MS with 0-2 years of experience with industry experience performing in vitro experiments.
- Expertise in cellular and molecular biology (e.g. cell culture, transfections, transductions, western blotting, immunoprecipitation, ELISA and flow cytometry) is necessary.
- The ability to work in a cross-functional work environment is critical; flexibility and independence are expected.
- Good written, presentation and interpersonal communication skills. Computer literacy and experience in collecting, analyzing, and presenting biological data using programs such as the MS Office suite and Graphpad Prism is also a necessity
- The candidate will be curious in exploring new path for drug discovery, bold in proposing creative experimental designs and ideas. Will work collaboratively with multifunctional teams and will be relentless in pursuing successful outcomes
Why join Moderna Therapeutics
We are pioneering a new class of medicines made of messenger RNA, or mRNA. The potential implications of using mRNA as a drug are significant and far-reaching. It could transform not only how certain diseases are treated but also how medicines are discovered, developed and manufactured - at a breadth, scale and speed not common in the biopharma industry.
Since our founding in 2011, we have built the industry's leading mRNA technology platform, the infrastructure to accelerate drug discovery and speed early development, a rapidly expanding pipeline, and an unparalleled team. Our development pipeline includes development candidates for mRNA-based vaccines and therapies spanning several therapeutic areas, and we have multiple clinical trials already underway with other development candidates progressing toward the clinic. In addition, we have a number of discovery programs that are advancing toward the development stage.
We invite you to explore our site to learn more about our company and how we are advancing the promise of mRNA science to improve health and impact lives around the world.
Deliver on the promise of mRNA science to create a new generation of transformative medicines for patients.
Moderna is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Moderna will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.