Nanotechnology Department Director
PORT – the Polish Center for Technology Development - is a research and development organization focused on the development of new technologies by conducting research for the needs of - and in cooperation with industry. PORT is a network of specialized scientific-research and technological laboratories, as well as measurement and specialist laboratories which are concentrated in six research areas: Biobanking, Biotechnology, Nanobioengineering, Special Materials, Photonics and Electronics, and Analytics. Each of the areas brings together several specialized laboratories. By way of this, a given area can focus on selected scientific and technological issues and carry out comprehensively, both scientific and research work, as well as industrial pilot studies. All laboratories of the PORT Polish Center for Technology Development are equipped with the highest-class of research equipment. This allows us to conduct application research that meets top quality standards.
Currently, we are looking for
Nanotechnology Department Director
Who will be responsible for developing the department in the area of infrastructures, staff, commercial and research projects.
Localization: Wrocław, Poland
ref. no. D/NT/2018
- Participating in developing strategies for R&D and models of laboratory infrastructure maintenance - especially in the area of nanotechnology.
- Managing departmental finances and contributing actively to departmental fundraising and grant applications.
- Reviewing the department’s scientific projects, together with group leaders and principal investigators in order to remain competitive at the international level.
- Ensuring collaboration and transparent communication between departmental groups.
- Representing the department at the national and international level, and with main stakeholders and potential business partners.
Qualifications and requirements:
- Ph.D. Degree in the nanotechnology area, or equivalent, and in-depth knowledge and experience in the operation of large-scale R&D infrastructures.
- Several years of experience as a senior researcher in one of the department’s areas of interest.
- Leadership experience and strong organizational, management and communication skills.
- A distinguished record of research achievement, as evidenced by scholarly publications, patents, and/or funded research grants.
- Focusing upon the application aspects of research projects.
- Experience in running national and European research projects.
- Language skills: perfect command of English.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
What we offer:
- Full time, permanent contract.
- Competitive salary.
- An entrepreneurial setting where curiosity-driven research is matched with a product or application-oriented R&D activities.
- The prospect of participating in bringing to fruition own and team members’ work.
- Access to excellent and well-staffed core facilities at our Science Campus.
- An appropriate relocation package.
- Holiday bonuses and other fringe benefits.
Please send your application to: email@example.com. Please include in the email title ref. no. D/NT/2018
Please include the following in your application:
“I hereby give my permission for the processing of my personal data included in the submitted documents for the purposes of recruitment process for the PORT Polski Ośrodek Rozwoju Technologii Sp. z o. o., ul. Stabłowicka 147, 54-066 Wrocław carried out presently or in the future by the company PORT, according to personal data protection law (GDPR). This permission for the processing of my personal data includes also the processing of these data in the future, provided that the purpose of the processing remains the same. I hereby acknowledge that the disclosure of my personal data is voluntary, and that I have been informed of the right to access my personal data, and to correct such data."
Please also note that we will contact only selected candidates.