Technician I, Quality Control (Microbiology)
Reporting to the Senior Manager of Quality Control, the Quality Control Technician I will perform routine environmental monitoring and water sampling of the GMP manufacturing facility. The Quality Control Technician I may perform routine testing and projects as assigned. This position will require off shift hours including nights and weekends.
Here's What You'll Do:
- Perform routine environmental monitoring and critical utility sampling activities
- Conduct analysis of water and cleaning verification samples to include TOC, Conductivity, Bioburden, and Endotoxin
- Prepare and ship contract laboratory testing samples including those intended for microbiological identification
- Perform general laboratory support activities including equipment maintenance and housekeeping
- Perform data entry utilizing good documentation practices
- Write/Revise SOPs related to job function
Here's What You'll Bring to the Table:
- 2-4 years Quality Control experience in a cGMP organization with a focus in Microbiology
- BS in a relevant scientific discipline preferred
- Ability to efficiently prioritize, manage and complete multiple projects and tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to collaborate effectively in a dynamic, cross-functional matrix environment
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Familiarity with relevant and current FDA, EU, ICH guidelines and regulations (preferred)
- Knowledge of GMP, microbiology, aseptic technique and general laboratory instrumentation preferred
Here's What We'll Bring to the Table:
- Daily on-site catered lunches.
- Company-provided iPhone.
- Free parking, monthly subway pass or a subsidized commuter rail pass.
- Highly competitive healthcare coverage. Including: medical offered through BCBS (HMO/PPO), dental, and vision offered through VSP.
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical expenses and dependent care expenses.
- 401k (traditional and Roth offered) with 50% match on first 6% deferred. Match is vested immediately.
- A suite of Moderna paid insurance coverage, including: life insurance, short-term and long-term disability.
- Voluntary legal assistance plan.
- 15 days' vacation and 7 sick days per year, in addition to a discretionary winter shut down and 11 company paid holidays.
- Adoption assistance, competitive parental leave, discount to local childcare centers, as well as access to Care.com.
Why join Moderna Therapeutics
We are pioneering a new class of medicines made of messenger RNA, or mRNA. The potential implications of using mRNA as a drug are significant and far-reaching. It could transform not only how certain diseases are treated but also how medicines are discovered, developed and manufactured - at a breadth, scale and speed not common in the biopharma industry.
Since our founding in 2011, we have built the industry's leading mRNA technology platform, the infrastructure to accelerate drug discovery and speed early development, a rapidly expanding pipeline, and an unparalleled team. Our development pipeline includes development candidates for mRNA-based vaccines and therapies spanning several therapeutic areas, and we have multiple clinical trials already underway with other development candidates progressing toward the clinic. In addition, we have a number of discovery programs that are advancing toward the development stage.
We invite you to explore our site to learn more about our company and how we are advancing the promise of mRNA science to improve health and impact lives around the world.
Deliver on the promise of mRNA science to create a new generation of transformative medicines for patients.
Moderna is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Moderna will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.