Scientist - Value Chain
AgResearch is the Crown Research Institute tasked with delivering leading agricultural science and innovation to benefit the wider New Zealand economy. Our internationally-recognised scientists work across the agricultural sectors in collaboration with a range of stakeholders both nationally and internationally, putting science and innovation at the forefront. We are a unique organisation that is driving prosperity by transforming agriculture.
The Role and Opportunity
AgResearch Farms Systems and Environment group is looking for a passionate Scientist- Value Chain to join the Modelling Team at the Christchurch campus in the New Year.
The Modelling Team comprises a range of skills including ecological, biological, mathematical and agricultural systems modelling and undertakes research ranging from client-focussed delivery with immediate impact, to more blue-skies consideration of modelling methodologies.
Reporting into the Science Team Leader, Modelling you will be required to develop functional value chain mapping and models relevant to AgResearch stakeholders, identifying constraints, areas of competitive advantage, structure and function requirements relevant to agri-food business models, including Māori agribusiness. You will also provide leadership on integration of current and future agri-data with post farm gate current and future supply chains.
Your ideal background
- PhD degree in value chain analysis and/or optimisation or related field, from economics, science or engineering.
- Proven track record in agricultural value chain analysis and/or optimisation ideally in the agri-food sectors, with a national reputation and at least 3 years relevant post-graduate scientific experience.
- Knowledge of using value chains/webs to transform land-use.
- Knowledge of and interest in the role of digitalisation and digital technologies on value chain structure and performance.
- An understanding of new concepts in value chain analysis, such as value networks.
- Excellent peer-reviewed publication record.
- Excellent people, communication and project management skills
- Proven delivery of outcomes to the agri-food sector and excellent rapport with stakeholders.
- Working knowledge of a range of modelling tools
- An understanding of systems theory and the interactions between components within individual farm systems as well as within the whole pastoral industry.
AgResearch provides a diverse range of benefits including flexible working options that help our staff balance their own lifestyle and needs with their work commitments. You can view the full list here: http://www.agresearchcareers.co.nz/working-here/our-benefits/
How to apply
If this sounds like you, apply today on the link below with a covering letter detailing why you feel you would be suitable for this position.
For any enquiries, please email Ourfuture@agresearch.co.nz
Applications close: Monday 31 December 2018 at 5.00pm (please note there maybe be a delay in processing applications due to public holidays.)