Associate or Full Professor - Biochemistry
The Department of Biomedical Sciences in the newly established University of Houston College of Medicine invites applications for faculty positions in the field of:
This faculty is expected to establish content and lead the design and production of biochemistry sessions in a highly integrated, cross-disciplinary, inquiry-based curriculum in a new College of Medicine at the University of Houston. Applicants must have a doctoral degree with outstanding credentials in teaching clinically relevant biochemistry in a U.S. medical school and have demonstrated excellent scholarship, which can be in any research field.
Applicants should submit a curriculum vitae, a statement of teaching interests, and the contact information of three references.
- Participating in accreditation activities
- Developing and delivering horizontally and vertically integrated pre-clerkship curriculum
- Teaching clinically relevant biochemistry sessions
- Facilitating student learning in small-groups sessions (PBL)
- Serving as a mentor to junior faculty, and an academic advisor to medical students
- Supervising student’s scholarly projects
- Participating in the interview and selection process of College of Medicine (COM) students and faculty
- Holding membership on COM and various University committees
Full-Time: 1 FTE
- Doctoral degree, M.D., D.O., or Ph.D. in biochemistry-related disciplines
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in teaching biochemistry in a U.S. medical school
- Evidence of scholarly productivity
- Commitment to innovative approaches to education and learning
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity
- Experience in the areas of teaching integrated biomedical sciences, and administrative responsibilities within an academic environment.
- Experience using different teaching methods which might include case-based learning, ‘flipped classroom’, problem-based learning (PBL), interactive large group presentation, audience response systems, curriculum delivery systems and proficiency in exam item writing.
- Experience with student mentoring and advising
- Experience with curricular and instructional design
Rank and salary commensurate with academic achievements and experience.
For additional information, and to apply, please visit https://uhs.taleo.net/careersection/ex2_uhf/jobdetail.ftl?job=FAC000823&tz=GMT-06%3A00
Houston is nation’s fourth largest city that offers a great quality of life that includes affordable housing options in excellent school districts, world-class arts, pro sports, award-winning cuisine and employment opportunities in numerous industries throughout the region.
The University of Houston is located in close proximity to the Texas Medical Center, which is home to The MD Anderson Cancer Center, UT Medical School, Michael E. DeBakey Veteran’s Administration Medical Center, and Baylor College of Medicine, among other institutions. This environment is rich in potential for numerous collaborative opportunities.