Research Lab Technician | Heisterkamp Lab
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 5,000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation's 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
Research Laboratory Technician | Heisterkamp Lab
Under limited supervision, the Research Laboratory Technician is responsible for the collection, classification and filing of scientific data. The Research Laboratory Technician is also responsible for preparing solutions, labeling tubes/specimen containers and maintaining laboratory supplies. Duties and/or tasks include but are not limited to cleaning of laboratory equipment utilizing proper cleaning protocols and procedures.
- Responsible for the collection, classification and filing of scientific data.
- Maintains required records, reports and statistics as directed.
- Trains and assists research aides and assistant in procedures and use of equipment.
- Collects, washes, cleans and sterilizes used glassware, equipment and supplies using proper sterilization techniques.
- Receives, distributes and maintains supply inventories in laboratories, as needed.
- Prepares simple stains, solutions, culture media, and may process tissue following established procedures.
- Using appropriate or specified equipment collects and delivers material for analysis. Ensures proper labeling and pertinent information.
- Assists in the care and maintenance of laboratory work area and furnishings/equipment.
Follows established City of Hope and department policies, procedures, objectives, performance improvement, attendance, safety, environmental, and infection control guidelines, includingadherence to theworkplaceCode of Conduct and Compliance Plan. Practices a high level of integrity and honesty in maintaining confidentiality.
Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
Minimum Education and Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent, required. Associates degree, preferred.
- Minimum Experience:Minimum two (2) years of related experience or combined education and experience in related field.
- Machines/Equip: Req./Pref.:Personal computer.
- Computer peripheral equipment.
- Working / Environmental Conditions:Smoke free environment.
- May be exposed to toxic chemicals.
- Subject to regularly changing priorities or work assignments.
- Protective equipment required:
- Must use PPE as required.
- Communication:Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with other departments.
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.