Principal SAP Reporting Engineer
The Principal SAP Reporting Engineer will report to, and work closely with the Director Business Systems; to ensure implementation of and support for financial and management reporting out of SAP. This is a unique opportunity to work with a fast-growing company, and a Techno Functional Team that has a lifetime of experience working with SAP. Moderna is the 2018 SAP Innovation award winner, a leader in cloud-first / SaaS environment build out, and a recognized first mover in Digital Transformation. We are looking for a candidate who can deliver a modern, world class reporting experience and architecture.
Here's What You'll Do:
- Leadership in building an effective, automated, and integrated set of reports
- Support for SEC reporting requirements
- Analyze business and functional requirements to define target SAP BI/BW solution architecture
- Play an integral role in the development of Finance reporting systems and processes
- Work with client stakeholders to understand business processes and requirements
- Understand business needs and lead thoughtful design discussions around meeting those business needs in a standard manner, fully leveraging SAP product capabilities
- Single point of contact for overall technology architecture & design
- Design specifications for solution components, evaluating various options (Installation of standard objects, enhancements to existing objects and creation of custom objects)
- Prepare detailed implementation plan with timelines
- Execute project as per plan, and ensure defect-free delivery of solution on-time
- Work with other technical SMEs to develop long-term strategy for sustainable and flexible reporting architecture on top of SAP BW
- Ensure adoption of best-in-class practices and standards for development, support, quality control and documentation
- Drive timely and proactive issue identification, escalation & resolution
Here's What You'll Bring to the Table:
- Minimum of 5-10 years of experience working with SAP, S4 HANA experience strongly preferred
- Deep technical knowledge of SAP reporting tools including SAC, BW, BO, AO
- Excellent knowledge of SAP relational data modeling and data warehousing models
- Background in Computer Science, Accounting, or other relevant field
- Help with SAP System upgrades, regression testing, and other validation initiatives
- Digital Transformation / process change leadership experience
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Effective communicator to management, peers, and project partners
- Comfortable under pressure
- Ability to effectively collaborate effectively in a dynamic, cross-functional matrix environment
- Work on-site in Cambridge (Mon - Fri)
Here's What We'll Bring to the Table:
- A modern S4 HANA 1610 environment, cloud deployed, and ready for an analytics leader
- Daily on-site catered lunches
- Company-provided iPhone
- Free parking, monthly subway pass or a subsidized commuter rail pass
- Highly competitive healthcare coverage. Including: medical offered through BCBS (HMO/PPO), dental, and vision offered through VSP
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical expenses and dependent care expenses
- 401k (traditional and Roth offered) with 50% match on first 6% deferred. Match is vested immediately
- A suite of Moderna paid insurance coverage, including: life insurance, short-term and long-term disability
- Voluntary legal assistance plan
- 15 days' vacation and 7 sick days per year, in addition to a discretionary winter shut down and 11 company paid holidays
- Adoption assistance and discounts to local childcare centers, as well as access to care.com
- 16 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for all new parents
- 16 weeks 100% paid family caregiver leave
- 20 weeks 100% paid medical leave
Why join Moderna Therapeutics
We are pioneering a new class of medicines made of messenger RNA, or mRNA. The potential implications of using mRNA as a drug are significant and far-reaching. It could transform not only how certain diseases are treated but also how medicines are discovered, developed and manufactured - at a breadth, scale and speed not common in the biopharma industry.
Since our founding in 2011, we have built the industry's leading mRNA technology platform, the infrastructure to accelerate drug discovery and speed early development, a rapidly expanding pipeline, and an unparalleled team. Our development pipeline includes development candidates for mRNA-based vaccines and therapies spanning several therapeutic areas, and we have multiple clinical trials already underway with other development candidates progressing toward the clinic. In addition, we have a number of discovery programs that are advancing toward the development stage.
We invite you to explore our site to learn more about our company and how we are advancing the promise of mRNA science to improve health and impact lives around the world.
Deliver on the promise of mRNA science to create a new generation of transformative medicines for patients.
Moderna is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Moderna will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.