Sr. /Research Associate, Technical Development, Personalized Vaccines Unit
Moderna is working to develop first-in-class messenger RNA (mRNA) based medicines. The Personalized Vaccines Unit, a process and analytical development team residing in Moderna's Technical Development organization, has been tasked with development and implementation of processes to enable high quality and cost effective mRNA and LNP production processes for Moderna's Personalized Cancer Vaccine
We seek a highly skilled and motivated research associate or senior research associate to work in a tight-knit team developing mRNA formulations and processes to enable clinical supply for early and late development. The successful applicant will work at the bench on a cross functional team, providing support to efforts focused on the formulation, process science, and process development of Lipid Nanoparticle (LNP) vehicles for mRNA delivery of Moderna's Personalized Cancer Vaccine. Key collaborations will include other process development and process science teams, Analytical Development, Delivery Sciences and Oncology Research. Applicants should have interest or experience in working with nanoparticle formulations, and working in a fast paced, science driven environment.
Here's What You'll Do:
- Design and conduct experiments to optimize mRNA formulations and production processes.
- Characterize nanoparticle physicochemical properties through collaboration with analytical.
- Assess the biological impact of formulation and process through collaboration with the In Vitro Biology and Oncology Research teams.
- Support Process and Analytical Development teams, with hands on analytical analysis when needed.
- Prepare process descriptions, technical reports, and communicate findings internally and externally as appropriate.
Here's What You'll Bring to the Table:
- BS/BA in Chemical Engineering, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Biochemistry, Chemistry or a similar field, with 0-5years of industry experience in oligonucleotide, pharmaceutical, or biotechnology development, or MS with 0-3 years of industry experience
- An interest in learning about advancing LNP drug product formulation and processing.
- Experience with formulation screening and development, vaccine formulations, formulation of complex biologics, or nanoparticle formulations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a diverse and fast paced environment
- Preferred: Experience with nucleic acids and nanoparticle formulations
Here's What We'll Bring to the Table:
- Daily on-site catered lunches.
- Company-provided iPhone.
- Free parking, monthly subway pass or a subsidized commuter rail pass.
- Highly competitive healthcare coverage. Including: medical offered through BCBS (HMO/PPO), dental, and vision offered through VSP.
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical expenses and dependent care expenses.
- 401k (traditional and Roth offered) with 50% match on first 6% deferred. Match is vested immediately.
- A suite of Moderna paid insurance coverage, including: life insurance, short-term and long-term disability
- Voluntary legal assistance plan
- 15 days' vacation and 7 sick days per year, in addition to a discretionary winter shut down and 11 company paid holidays.
- Adoption assistance, competitive parental leave, discount to local childcare centers , as well as access to Care.com
Why join Moderna Therapeutics
We are pioneering a new class of medicines made of messenger RNA, or mRNA. The potential implications of using mRNA as a drug are significant and far-reaching. It could transform not only how certain diseases are treated but also how medicines are discovered, developed and manufactured - at a breadth, scale and speed not common in the biopharma industry.
Since our founding in 2011, we have built the industry's leading mRNA technology platform, the infrastructure to accelerate drug discovery and speed early development, a rapidly expanding pipeline, and an unparalleled team. Our development pipeline includes development candidates for mRNA-based vaccines and therapies spanning several therapeutic areas, and we have multiple clinical trials already underway with other development candidates progressing toward the clinic. In addition, we have a number of discovery programs that are advancing toward the development stage.
We invite you to explore our site to learn more about our company and how we are advancing the promise of mRNA science to improve health and impact lives around the world.
Deliver on the promise of mRNA science to create a new generation of transformative medicines for patients.
Moderna is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Moderna will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.