Director – Center for Precision Medicine Research
Marshfield Clinic Research Institute (MCRI) is the largest private medical research institute in Wisconsin. MCRI is the research division of Marshfield Clinic, an integrated multispecialty health care system with over 700 physicians and 50+ regional centers. MCRI consists of research centers in clinical research, agricultural health and safety, epidemiology, human genetics, biomedical informatics and integrated laboratory services. It also provides a range of support services for physician and scientist investigators, including biostatistics, protocol and grant preparation, research publication and core laboratory support.
The Director-Center for Precision Medicine Research (CPMR), a research center at the Marshfield Clinic Research Institute (MCRI), will provide policy direction, operational guidance and scientific leadership for the Marshfield Clinic Health System’s (MCHS) Precision Medicine Research program. The Director-CPMR will make scientific and leadership contribution to the mission of MCRI. This individual serves as the lead spokesperson for precision medicine research efforts, mentors researchers and oversees the productivity and professional development of scientists and senior staff within CPMR. This tenured PhD scientist or scientist-clinician will have a strong and consistent record of scientific discovery and scholarly activities in area of precision medicine, including human genetics, predictive modeling, artificial intelligence, biomedical informatics and or bioinformatics. This individual will work collaboratively with various leaders throughout the MCRI and MCHS to develop and implement complementary strategic plans in the research institute in support of the overall health system.
Marshfield Clinic Health System is committed to enriching the lives of others through accessible, affordable compassionate healthcare. Successful applicants will listen, serve and put the needs of patients and customers first.
- A Doctoral degree (PhD, MD, DO, etc.) with training in precision medicine, human genetics, predictive modeling, artificial intelligence, biomedical informatics, bioinformatics, or related field
- An exemplary record of scientific accomplishments in discovery, extramural grants and publications in respected peer-reviewed journals. Proven ability to lead and mentor scientists and clinician-investigators. At least four of years of research leadership and four years as independent funded researcher; six years in both preferred
Working at Marshfield Clinic Health System, you will also enjoy the following benefits:
- Low cost of living within clean, safe environments
- Stable communities and short commutes
- Outstanding schools and affordable housing
- Plenty of recreational activities for all four seasons
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Employer funded retirement
- Generous paid time off
For more information on the Marshfield Clinic Research Institute, visit:
For more information on the 2017 Year in Review, visit: http://marshfieldresearch.org/mcri-year-review
Inquiries can be directed to Angela Koehler, Human Resources at email@example.com
You may apply directly through:
or through our career center at: www.marshfieldclinic.org/careers
Reference job# MC182618
Marshfield Clinic Health System
1000 N. Oak Ave., Marshfield, WI 54449
Marshfield Clinic Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.