Sr. IT Systems Engineer
This role is an exciting opportunity to be a critical part of the talent engine fueling a high growth organization that is radically changing the biotech industry. We are seeking a Senior Information Technology Systems Engineer with experience in designing and maintaining IT systems. Success in this position requires a thorough understanding of IT infrastructure and how it interacts with business systems. The individual must have a proven track record in delivering IT solutions that are functional, secure, scalable, and reliable. In addition to having a solid technical background, this candidate must have strong communications skills, be able to work with an outsourced Helpdesk department, and have a passion for service. The ideal candidate will have worked in the Life Sciences industry. At Moderna, we work collaboratively as a team, boldly strive for excellence, are constantly curious and committed to ongoing learning and improvement and are relentless in our pursuit of the best talent in the industry.
Here's What You'll Do:
- Perform all IT functions from device set-up for our new hires to developing strategic IT initiatives.
- Facilitate and organize device procurement, including new laptop ordering and provisioning, used laptop refresh, and inventory management.
- Handle user and access control management by granting, altering, and terminating access to any of our systems as needed.
- Interface with customers to address problems and drive issue though resolution.
- You will share responsibility for the IT portion of office build-outs.
- Monitor system integrity, protection levels, and security related events, as well as ensure that security controls are implemented as described in the security plan
- Develop and document technical plans for disaster recovery and business continuity
- Continually evaluate IT services and infrastructure usage using Operational metrics to effectively manage availability, performance, capacity and cost - automating solutions wherever possible.
- Understand and adhere to Moderna operational processes following an ITIL framework to ensure auditability and compliance with industry standards (SOX, GMP, HIPAA, GDPR, etc.)
- You will document procedures, policies, technical instructions and other processes.
- Support a 24/7/365/day on-call operations when production issues arise and are calm under pressure.
- Actively contribute to a high-growth, transformational company that is Bold, Relentless, Curious, and Collaborative.
Here's What You'll Bring to the Table:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering / IT or related fields.
- 10+ years of experience as an IT Systems Engineer
- Extensive administration experience of Windows and MAC OS, SCCM, Office365 environment, Active Directory and collaboration tools namely Cisco WebEx and MSFT Skype for Business.
- You have work experience with MDM tools like JAMF and Airwatch.
- Experience in supporting and managing VMware virtualization environment, iSCSI NAS, Veeam backup and Synology storage
- Excellent knowledge of scripting languages such as Python and PowerShell
- General networking knowledge
- Experience working in GxP environment.
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a dynamic fast-paced environment
- Experience developing solutions for service monitoring, automated remediation, measuring availability and reliability, performance, analytics and security.
- A passion for assessing emerging technologies and staying abreast of industry trends
- Experience writing process requirements, technical design documents and standard operating procedures.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to split your time between our Norwood and Cambridge facilities.
Here's What We'll Bring to the Table:
- Daily on-site catered lunches
- Company-provided iPhone
- Free parking, monthly subway pass or a subsidized commuter rail pass
- Highly competitive healthcare coverage including: medical offered through BCBS (HMO/PPO), dental, and vision offered through VSP
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical expenses and dependent care expenses
- 16 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for all new parents
- 16 weeks 100% paid family caregiver leave
- 20 weeks 100% paid medical leave
- Adoption assistance and discounts to local childcare centers, as well as access to care.com
- 401k (traditional and Roth offered) with 50% match on first 6% deferred. Match is vested immediately
- A suite of Moderna paid insurance coverage, including: life insurance, short-term and long-term disability
- Voluntary legal assistance plan
- 15 days' vacation and 7 sick days per year, in addition to a discretionary winter shut down and 11 company paid holidays
Why join Moderna Therapeutics
We are pioneering a new class of medicines made of messenger RNA, or mRNA. The potential implications of using mRNA as a drug are significant and far-reaching. It could transform not only how certain diseases are treated but also how medicines are discovered, developed and manufactured - at a breadth, scale and speed not common in the biopharma industry.
Since our founding in 2011, we have built the industry's leading mRNA technology platform, the infrastructure to accelerate drug discovery and speed early development, a rapidly expanding pipeline, and an unparalleled team. Our development pipeline includes development candidates for mRNA-based vaccines and therapies spanning several therapeutic areas, and we have multiple clinical trials already underway with other development candidates progressing toward the clinic. In addition, we have a number of discovery programs that are advancing toward the development stage.
We invite you to explore our site to learn more about our company and how we are advancing the promise of mRNA science to improve health and impact lives around the world.
Deliver on the promise of mRNA science to create a new generation of transformative medicines for patients.
Moderna is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Moderna will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.