Franchise Head GI & GU (M/F)
We believe it’s urgent to deliver medical solutions right now – even as we develop innovations for the future. We are passionate about transforming patients’ lives. We are courageous in both decision and action. And we believe that good business means a better world.
That is why we come to work each day. We commit ourselves to scientific rigour, unassailable ethics, and access to medical innovations for all. We do this today to build a better tomorrow.
We are proud of who we are, what we do, and how we do it. We are many, working as one across functions, across companies, and across the world.
We are Roche.
Objectives and Scope of Position:
- The PDMAFranchise Head GI & GU cancers assumes the Medical Affairs (MA) strategic lead for medical teams dedicated to the disease areas / diseases mentioned above. The role requires oversight of a team of senior leaders who are accountable for coordinating and managing the above mentioned disease areas and providing global, cross-functional leadership for their activities within a matrix organisation.
- The role requires strong leadership experience, broad scientific and therapeutic area expertise as well as a clear business understanding to identify and address the relevant medical needs and to drive the medical strategy supporting the optimal use of Roche products in clinical practice
- The Franchise Head GI & GU cancers is a standing member of the Medical Oncology Leadership Team (MOLT) and will make significant contributions to the long-range vision, strategy and plans for Oncology & Hematology
Summary of Main Responsibilities:
- Creates and implements the long term Medical Affairs vision for GI & GU cancers including relevant PHC aspects
- Provides Leadership for medical teams driving GI and GU cancer strategic initiatives
- Accountable for the development and delivery of the overall medical plans for GI and GU cancers strategic initiatives and ensures, where applicable, alignment with other franchises including PHC CoE. Ensures integration of PDMA and / or Oncology widecross functional initiatives into the Franchise medical plans and strategies.
- Works closely with the respective Global Product Strategy Oncology (GPSO) and Product Development Oncology (PDO) franchise heads to align Global strategies and plans where applicable
- Contributes to establishing and implementing appropriate policies and standards for all activities of the medical plan (e.g. evidence generation, publications, registries, TAE collaborations)
- Represents Roche / PDMA Oncology in meetings with external stakeholders
- Line manager responsibilities, including but not limited to recruitment, compensation, development and training, performance management, succession management and talent management for Group International Medical /Scientific Directors (GIMDs/GISDs) and International Medical/Scientific Directors (IMDs/ISDs) in his/her group
- Creates an environment of strong team spirit, good communication and high motivation to enable the lead of highly inspired and effective team members to achieve goals
Professional and Technical Requirements:
- MD with a minumim of three years clinical practice in oncology or hematology
- Business degree and experience in Oncology drug development is highly desirable
- High ethical standards
- Ability to demonstrate Roche Values and Leadership Commitments
- Roche Core Competencies
- Strategic thinking
- Decision-making capacity
- Communication/interpersonal skills
- Ability to work across multiple cultures and countries
- Ability to operate successfully in a matrix environment with shared accountability and responsibilities
Experience, Skills, Knowledge
- 7-10 years professional experience within the pharmaceutical industry, preferably in development and/or medical affairs function at a country/regional and global level
- Excellent understanding of drug development / drug lifecycle management reaching from early research to commercialization
- Proven experience as a successful decisive leader in a strategic multifunctional environment
- Has developed and implemented global Phase Ib – IV studies
- Experience with innovative use of data and analytics such as Real World Data and molecular data bases
- Fluency in written and spoken English
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.