Sr./Scientist, Nonclinical Statistics
Moderna is seeking a talented and highly motivated statistician with a solid nonclinical statistics background, exceptional consulting skills, and a deep interest in drug discovery and development to work as part of a highly collaborative, multi-disciplinary, and fast-paced team. The successful applicant will collaborate with individuals and groups across the Platform and Therapeutic Areas to design and analyze preclinical experiments, help develop robust bioassays and drug manufacturing processes, and leverage statistical methods and tools to support R&D projects and therapeutic programs.
Here's What You'll Do:
- Collaborate with the in vivo pharmacology group to ensure rigorous design and appropriate statistical analysis are applied to all animal studies
- Design and analyze in vitro studies and high throughput screening
- Help develop and validate new biological and biophysical assays
- Develop and apply appropriate statistical analysis methods to solve the needs and challenges specific to developing mRNA therapeutics
- Contribute to scientific and strategy discussions to advance and enhance the scientific platform and product candidates
- Communicate findings internally and externally
Here's What You'll Bring to the Table:
- M.S. in Statistics or related field with 5+ years of experience or Ph.D. with 2+ years of experience
- Deep scientific and technical expertise in the following:
- Design of experiments, including classical, custom design, and design diagnostics
- Linear models, mixed effects models, and meta-analysis methods
- Variance component analysis
- Statistical programming in at least two of the following software or languages: SAS, R, JMP, S Plus, Python
- A strong understanding and experience in various aspects of statistical applications in drug discovery settings
- Proven ability to convey statistical concepts and analyses to non-statisticians in a clear and understandable way
- Sound understanding of drug development regulations relate to statistical analysis
- Strong written and oral communication skills and a track record of achievement in publications and/or patent applications
- Positive team building and teamwork skills: innate ability to influence, lead and inspire people, within function and beyond functional/company boundaries
- Candidate will be curious in exploring new path for drug discovery, bold in proposing creative experimental designs and ideas. Will work collaboratively with multifunctional teams and will be relentless in pursuing successful outcomes
Here's What We'll Bring to the Table:
- Daily on-site catered lunches
- Company-provided iPhone
- Free parking, monthly subway pass or a subsidized commuter rail pass
- Highly competitive healthcare coverage including: medical offered through BCBS (HMO/PPO), dental, and vision offered through VSP
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical expenses and dependent care expenses
- 16 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for all new parents
- 16 weeks 100% paid family caregiver leave
- 20 weeks 100% paid medical leave
- Adoption assistance and discounts to local childcare centers, as well as access to care.com
- 401k (traditional and Roth offered) with 50% match on first 6% deferred. Match is vested immediately
- A suite of Moderna paid insurance coverage, including: life insurance, short-term and long-term disability
- Voluntary legal assistance plan
- 15 days' vacation and 7 sick days per year, in addition to a discretionary winter shut down and 11 company paid holidays
Why join Moderna Therapeutics
We are pioneering a new class of medicines made of messenger RNA, or mRNA. The potential implications of using mRNA as a drug are significant and far-reaching. It could transform not only how certain diseases are treated but also how medicines are discovered, developed and manufactured - at a breadth, scale and speed not common in the biopharma industry.
Since our founding in 2011, we have built the industry's leading mRNA technology platform, the infrastructure to accelerate drug discovery and speed early development, a rapidly expanding pipeline, and an unparalleled team. Our development pipeline includes development candidates for mRNA-based vaccines and therapies spanning several therapeutic areas, and we have multiple clinical trials already underway with other development candidates progressing toward the clinic. In addition, we have a number of discovery programs that are advancing toward the development stage.
We invite you to explore our site to learn more about our company and how we are advancing the promise of mRNA science to improve health and impact lives around the world.
Deliver on the promise of mRNA science to create a new generation of transformative medicines for patients.
Moderna is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Moderna will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.