Preclinical Director, Infectious Disease Vaccines
Evaxion is looking for a preclinical director to join their infectious disease team.
Using cutting-edge immunology, bioinformatics, and machine learning methods, Evaxion Biotech is dedicated to discovering and developing ‘best in class’ vaccines for infectious diseases and cancer. We are now seeking a highly skilled and motivated Scientist to join our preclinical infectious disease team.
Evaxion is pioneering the field of immunoinformatics, developing novel bacterial vaccines and personalized cancer therapies through two in silico platforms designed to predict, rank and optimize epitopes and antigens eliciting a highly protective immune response. The successful candidate will work in interdisciplinary project teams to develop vaccines against infectious diseases.
You will be the project leader for 2-3 vaccine projects targeting different pathogenic bacteria and working across the drug discovery and development continuum in managing and directing scientific staff responsible for conducting preclinical studies and testing vaccine candidates for infectious diseases. You will work closely with collaborators to drive successful completion of studies to meet project timelines and deliverables. As a director, your top priority will be to ensure executional excellence of preclinical studies performed at CROs and academic groups and provide technical oversight and direction. In addition, you will together with top management discuss future directions of projects and ensure preparation for clinical development.
- Develop project plans for preclinical development of vaccine candidates targeting different pathogenic bacteria
- Facilitate the execution, monitoring and reporting of preclinical studies
- Ensure scientifically correct and state-of-the-art methods are being applied
- Ensure fit-for-purpose Quality and Compliance
- Critically analyze, interpret, report and present data
- You have a PhD with 8 years of documented experience within drug discovery and development from a private company or organization, and have the following specifications:
- Experience leading preclinical projects from discovery to clinic and a solid understanding of the entire vaccine development chain
- Experience with vaccines for pathogenic bacteria
- Hands-on experience with immunoassays and in vivo methods and understanding of state-of-the-art lab work
- Solid understanding of immunology and microbiology
- Experience from working with CROs
- Demonstrated knowledge of project management, including planning, execution and follow-up roles
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills in English
- Ability to drive key activities to completion, set goals and consistently deliver according to plan
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
The position requires enthusiasm, passion, attention to details, and a commitment to improving the lives of those afflicted with infectious diseases. The fast development of the company requires a flexible mindset and an open attitude to changes in order to meet project timelines and milestones.
What we offer:
At Evaxion, you will be working together with dedicated colleagues in an inspiring and fast-moving environment that cultivates a collaborative and innovative spirit. With a flat organizational structure, we incentivize all employees to take on a high level of responsibility and participate in the decision-making process. We have a strong focus on educating and mentoring all employees and offer an attractive compensation scheme. Evaxion fosters a creative and open-minded environment with a clear mission to improve global health and offers you the opportunity to be part of it.
About Evaxion Biotech:
Since 2008, Evaxion Biotech has been pioneering in the discovery of antigens and neo-epitopes for vaccines using artificial intelligence, with the mission to solve some of the world’s most significant challenges to human health. Evaxion has constructed a robust product engine for the development of novel vaccines and therapies based on our two platforms, PIONEER and EDEN. Using state of the art in silico tools, the platforms integrate big data, artificial intelligence and supercomputing to predict, rank and optimize epitopes and antigens inducing a highly protective immune response. EDEN enables rapid and accurate discovery of novel antigens that elicit a highly cross-protective immune response in any bacterial pathogen. Identified antigens have been confirmed to induce protective immunity in preclinical models of multiple bacterial infections. PIONEER has been constructed to identify epitopes of mutated proteins that will fire up the body’s natural immune responses to fight off the cancerous cells.