Evaxion Biotech is seeking a bioinformatician to apply and develop best-in-class algorithms and tools.
Evaxion Biotech is seeking a bioinformatician to apply and develop best-in-class algorithms and tools that directly address our aspiration of becoming the world leader in immuno-informatics. The bioinformatician will translate big data with the goal of designing and developing patient-specific vaccines and therapies using cutting-edge AI techniques and algorithms.
Evaxion is a Copenhagen-based immuno-informatics platform company developing novel bacterial vaccines and personalized cancer therapies through two in silico machine learning-based platforms designed to predict, rank and optimize antigens and epitopes that elicit a highly protective immune response. The successful candidate will work as part of our team of outstanding bioinformaticians to further develop our computational pipelines.
Together with the team, you will play a central role in the development of our two platforms, EDEN and PIONEER. The development will take place through a variety of bioinformatics projects centered on target identification, epitope and antigen selection, drug discovery and translational research. You will develop innovative and robust analysis pipelines that can be applied in both research and clinical settings as well as identify and integrate different clinical and research datasets, including mass spectrometry and next-generation sequencing data. Finally, you will participate in creative discussions with the team to exchange knowledge and feedback on innovative ideas and projects.
The successful candidate must be able to learn and work independently yet collaborate effectively with co-workers. In addition, you have a PhD level education in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology or similar, and are:
- Knowledgeable of biological systems
- Experienced with Linux operating systems (1+ years)
- Experienced with bioinformatic programming (2+ years) in Python, Perl or a similar scripting language
- Passionate, proactive and motivated team-player
- The following preferred capabilities are considered an advantage, but not required:
- Knowledge of machine learning algorithms and experience with deep learning frameworks such as TensorFlow or PyTorch
- Familiarity with Python modules for data analysis such as NumPy, SciPy, Matplotlib and Pandas
- Programming in C, C++ or similar
- Experience with version control software such as Git
- Project management of bioinformatics projects
- Development of bioinformatics-based analysis pipelines
- Knowledgeable of immunology
Evaxion utilizes bioinformatics as an integral component of research and development, we aim to have expertise within a broad range of areas within bioinformatics. It would thus be beneficial if you are an expert, or have a strong interest in one or more of the following areas:
- NGS data analysis, hereunder
- Cancer genomics
- Single cell transcriptomics
- Metagenomics, including human microbiome analysis
- Somatic variant calling
- HLA typing
- Genome assembly
- Structural bioinformatics, hereunder
- Comparative modelling
- Molecular dynamics simulation
- Clinical/translational bioinformatics
- Network biology
- Text mining
- Analysis of mass spectrometry data
- Comparative genomics
What we offer:
At Evaxion, you will be working together with dedicated colleagues in an inspiring and fast-moving environment that cultivates a collaborative and innovative spirit. With a flat organizational structure, we incentivize all employees to take on a high level of responsibility and participate in the decision-making process while at the same time maintaining a strong focus on educating and mentoring all employees. Evaxion fosters a creative and open-minded environment with a clear mission to improve global health and offers you the opportunity to be part of it.
About Evaxion Biotech:
Since 2008, Evaxion Biotech has been pioneering the discovery of antigens and neo-epitopes using artificial intelligence, with the mission to solve some of the world’s most significant challenges to human health. Evaxion has constructed a robust product engine for the development of novel vaccines and therapies based on our two platforms, EDEN and PIONEER. Using state of the art in silico tools, the platforms integrate big data, artificial intelligence and supercomputing to predict, rank and optimize antigens and epitopes inducing an efficacious immune response. EDEN enables rapid and accurate discovery of novel antigens that elicit a highly cross-protective immune response in any bacterial pathogen while PIONEER, an immuno-oncology platform, has been constructed to identify epitopes of mutated proteins that will fire up the body’s natural immune responses to fight off cancerous cells.