Longboat is seeking a Bio-Process Engineer who will be responsible for producing products on the manufacturing floor.
Are you ready to join a team committed to moving cell therapies into clinical and commercial settings by supplying high quality neonatal amniotic GMP MSCs for cell therapy use? Longboat is at the start of an exciting journey, and we are looking for passionate individuals to join us on this important mission.
Longboat is a stem cell company, dedicated to developing and commercializing novel treatments for the benefit of patients suffering from rare and life-threatening airway diseases, and to supply high quality amniotic Mesenchymal Stem Cells (MSCs) to universities, hospitals, the biotech industry, and clinical-stage pharmaceutical companies for other indications.
Longboat is seeking a Bio-Process Engineer who will be responsible for producing products on the manufacturing floor. Areas of responsibility will include both upstream (cell culture), downstream (Purification), and fill/finish activities.
This position will provide technical expertise in the areas of aseptic processing and fill/finish, drug production technology transfer, visual inspection and process analytics. The candidate will help improve processes for drug product manufacturing and participate in the day to day drug product manufacturing operation to ensure clinical and commercial supply. The position will report to the Head of Manufacturing. All in all, Longboat envisions to be a team of ca. 15 people in a year’s time.
- Produce clinical and commercial material on an annual basis that meets the site’s strategic objects and is compliant with GMP and safety regulations.
- Participate in investigations as related to the manufacturing process.
- Participate in tech transfer of new products and processes into the manufacturing area. Provide manufacturing feedback on engineering related projects.
- Identify and implement continuous improvement opportunities.
- Minimum BS degree in biological sciences, biochemistry, chemical engineering, bioengineering, or related technical field, or equivalent industry experience.
- Experience in biopharmaceutical based GMP manufacturing operations including experience in cell culture, aseptic fill/finish a plus.
Please note this job description is not an exhaustive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change over time.