Sr. Manager /Associate Director, Learning & Development
This position reports to the Head of Learning & Development and plays a critical role in establishing a learning culture at Moderna. The L&D function oversees professional development and organizational training and this role is critical to the success of the function. The successful candidate will take on a leadership role within L&D, designing and owning the process and execution of organizational training. Moderna is experiencing incredible growth and the need for training in several areas across the enterprise has grown considerably. Moderna needs a leader to ensure that our employees are receiving and completing the right training at the right time.
We work collaboratively as a team, we boldly strive for excellence, we are constantly curious and committed to ongoing learning and improvement, and we are relentless in our commitment to providing outstanding and valuable learning resources for our talented employees.
Here's What You'll Do:
- Own the end to end process of how training is established, created, delivered and reported
- Ensure outstanding quality for all training content
- Focus on delivering positive learner experiences so that the training is completed and the learning sticks.
- Work collaboratively with functional SMEs (eg: Compliance, Safety, etc.) to develop training content that reinforce a culture of integrity and respect
- Contribute to other areas of need that fall under Moderna University (eg: professional and management development)
- Work in the learning management system (LMS) including content management, reporting and training assignment
Here's What You'll Bring to the Table:
- Minimum of BA/BS degree
- 5+ years of experience in corporate training or learning & development roles
- Expertise in instructional design and learning metrics
- Strong presence, influence skills, and project management skills
- High sense of urgency and problem-solving ability when faced with challenges
- Ownership and pride in delivering high quality solutions for employees
- High degree of flexibility, resilience, creativity and resourcefulness
- Experience with learning technologies is a plus - LMS, intranet, digital resources
- Committed to ongoing self-development and improvement
Here's What We'll Bring to the Table:
- Daily on-site catered lunches.
- Company-provided iPhone.
- Free parking, monthly subway pass or a subsidized commuter rail pass.
- Highly competitive healthcare coverage. Including: medical offered through BCBS (HMO/PPO), dental, and vision offered through VSP.
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical expenses and dependent care expenses.
- 401k (traditional and Roth offered) with 50% match on first 6% deferred. Match is vested immediately.
- A suite of Moderna paid insurance coverage, including: life insurance, short-term and long-term disability
- Voluntary legal assistance plan
- 15 days' vacation and 7 sick days per year, in addition to a discretionary winter shut down and 11 company paid holidays.
- Adoption assistance, competitive parental leave, discount to local childcare centers, as well as access to Care.com
Why join Moderna Therapeutics
We are pioneering a new class of medicines made of messenger RNA, or mRNA. The potential implications of using mRNA as a drug are significant and far-reaching. It could transform not only how certain diseases are treated but also how medicines are discovered, developed and manufactured - at a breadth, scale and speed not common in the biopharma industry.
Since our founding in 2011, we have built the industry's leading mRNA technology platform, the infrastructure to accelerate drug discovery and speed early development, a rapidly expanding pipeline, and an unparalleled team. Our development pipeline includes development candidates for mRNA-based vaccines and therapies spanning several therapeutic areas, and we have multiple clinical trials already underway with other development candidates progressing toward the clinic. In addition, we have a number of discovery programs that are advancing toward the development stage.
We invite you to explore our site to learn more about our company and how we are advancing the promise of mRNA science to improve health and impact lives around the world.
Deliver on the promise of mRNA science to create a new generation of transformative medicines for patients.
Moderna is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Moderna will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.