(Contract) Technical Accounting Manager
The Technical Accounting Manager is a critical member of the Financial Reporting team. This position will work across the organization and within the accounting and finance functional areas to support a growing organization. This position will partner with finance and non-finance key stakeholders on monthly and quarterly financial reporting and closing activities, as well as other ad-hoc projects and strategic decision-making support. This role will be for 3 months.
Here's What You'll Do:
- Analyze and document non-recurring transactions by properly identifying accounting implications of various explicit terms and implied nuances, applying appropriate accounting rules and literature and exercising judgement in subjective areas to draw reasonable and acceptable conclusion
- Lead or assist in new accounting standard adoption and process implementation, including adoption of ASC 606 and 842 in 2019.
- Prepare quarterly and annual external financial reporting, including Forms 10Qs ,10Ks and 8Ks.
- Prepare Statement of Cash Flows and Statement of Stockholders' Equity
- Prepare tie-out binders for SEC filings and Press Releases
- Responsible for the maintaining current list of contract obligations and create accounting summaries for key contracts.
- Assist in technical accounting policy drafting and implementation.
- Assist in technical accounting research. Staying abreast of new accounting principles, SEC reporting and general trends within the Biotechnology/ Pharmaceuticals industry
- Assist in the Company's Sarbanes-Oxley compliance development efforts. Ensure compliance with the SOX controls applicable to the external reporting process
- Provide accounting support for special projects and ad-hoc reporting and analysis as necessary
Here's What You'll Bring to the Table:
- Minimum 7 years of experience in public accounting or mixed public accounting and public company work environment.
- Exposure to complex accounting issues and technical accounting research experience
- SEC reporting experience
- Accounting designations required (CPA)
- Big 4 Public Accounting experience highly preferred
- Pharma/Biotech experience highly preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Strong team player and collaboration. Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Expert Excel skills with the ability to use pivot tables, lookup formulas, macros and excel shortcuts. High proficiency in word. Proficiency of understanding how to prepare and review general ledger account reconciliations.
Why join Moderna Therapeutics
We are pioneering a new class of medicines made of messenger RNA, or mRNA. The potential implications of using mRNA as a drug are significant and far-reaching. It could transform not only how certain diseases are treated but also how medicines are discovered, developed and manufactured - at a breadth, scale and speed not common in the biopharma industry.
Since our founding in 2011, we have built the industry's leading mRNA technology platform, the infrastructure to accelerate drug discovery and speed early development, a rapidly expanding pipeline, and an unparalleled team. Our development pipeline includes development candidates for mRNA-based vaccines and therapies spanning several therapeutic areas, and we have multiple clinical trials already underway with other development candidates progressing toward the clinic. In addition, we have a number of discovery programs that are advancing toward the development stage.
We invite you to explore our site to learn more about our company and how we are advancing the promise of mRNA science to improve health and impact lives around the world.
Deliver on the promise of mRNA science to create a new generation of transformative medicines for patients.
Moderna is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Moderna will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.