Head, Investor Relations
The Head of Investor Relations will report directly to the CFO and work closely with the CEO, and is responsible for targeting, developing and maintaining relationships with investors and research analysts, creating and presenting a clear message of value and impact, and integrating the IR work into the broader long-term corporate finance strategy. This is a newly created role due to our tremendous growth and early success of our extensive portfolio of development candidates.
Moderna Therapeutics is committed to deliver on the promise of mRNA science to create a new generation of transformative medicines for patients. This role will help us deliver on that mission.
Here's What You'll Do:
- Build an in-depth understanding of Moderna's operations, financials, programs, science, infrastructure, and strategy
- Develop and implement a proactive investor relations strategy and program to build the company's shareholder base globally, with the goal of a diverse, deep investor base aligned with the company's mission
- Frame the strategy and additional activities below in light of a potential move to being a publicly-traded company
- Act as a key spokesperson to the investment community
- Prepare key investment messages and presentations, including substantive investor-friendly content on all of Moderna's diverse array of assets, to communicate to sell-side analysts and institutional investors
- Anticipate and address investor and analyst issues. Be a credible first response on a broad array of scientific, clinical and commercial issues
- Build relationships to gain better understanding of investors' style, frameworks and concerns
- Provide practical and meaningful Investor Relations support to management, including counseling and advising executives in regard to conference calls, external presentations, financial releases, and investor visits
- Collaborate closely with Corporate Communications to ensure a consistent message on branding and strategy
- Maintain sector expertise; stay current on related industry activity in order to be responsive to investors and media and to communicate effectively with context
- Lead the quarterly earnings process, which includes creating all materials, drafting earnings releases, call scripts, accompanying presentations, as well as preparing talking points and relevant Q&A, all in collaboration with Corporate Communications
- Manage and participate in investment conferences, and organize non-deal roadshows as applicable
- Generate periodic reports to management on market and valuation trends
- Manage the investor relations content on the company website
Here's What You'll Bring to the Table:
- Outstanding communication skills, articulate speaker
- Analytical and detail-oriented
- Able to build and communicate story supported by scientific, clinical and financial data
- Collaborative, team player who is passionate, polite and engaging
- Experience and knowledge in the biopharma industry required
- Hands on leader who is able to both dive deep and lift up
- 8+ years prior work experience in investor relations, finance and/or equity research
- BA/MBA in Finance, or related-field; MD/PhD or other technical degree is a plus
Here's What We'll Bring to the Table:
- Daily on-site catered lunches
- Company-provided iPhone
- Free parking, monthly subway pass or a subsidized commuter rail pass
- Highly competitive healthcare coverage including: medical offered through BCBS (HMO/PPO), dental, and vision offered through VSP
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical expenses and dependent care expenses
- 16 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for all new parents
- 16 weeks 100% paid family caregiver leave
- 20 weeks 100% paid medical leave
- Adoption assistance and discounts to local childcare centers, as well as access to care.com
- 401k (traditional and Roth offered) with 50% match on first 6% deferred. Match is vested immediately
- A suite of Moderna paid insurance coverage, including: life insurance, short-term and long-term disability
- Voluntary legal assistance plan
- 15 days' vacation and 7 sick days per year, in addition to a discretionary winter shut down and 11 company paid holidays
Why join Moderna Therapeutics
We are pioneering a new class of medicines made of messenger RNA, or mRNA. The potential implications of using mRNA as a drug are significant and far-reaching. It could transform not only how certain diseases are treated but also how medicines are discovered, developed and manufactured - at a breadth, scale and speed not common in the biopharma industry.
Since our founding in 2011, we have built the industry's leading mRNA technology platform, the infrastructure to accelerate drug discovery and speed early development, a rapidly expanding pipeline, and an unparalleled team. Our development pipeline includes development candidates for mRNA-based vaccines and therapies spanning several therapeutic areas, and we have multiple clinical trials already underway with other development candidates progressing toward the clinic. In addition, we have a number of discovery programs that are advancing toward the development stage.
We invite you to explore our site to learn more about our company and how we are advancing the promise of mRNA science to improve health and impact lives around the world.
Deliver on the promise of mRNA science to create a new generation of transformative medicines for patients.
Moderna is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Moderna will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.