Assistant Professor - Experimental Bioinspired Soft Matter - Materials Science and Engineering
University of California at Berkeley
Department of Material Science and Engineering
Tenure-track Assistant Professor Position
The Department of Materials Science (MSE) at the University of California, Berkeley seeks applications for a tenure-track Assistant Professor position, in the area of Experimental Bioinspired Soft Matter, with an expected start date of July 1, 2019. Outstanding candidates should demonstrate the potential to build a world-class research program in materials science and engineering with a focus on soft matter and a commitment to education and mentorship of students, to equity and inclusion, and to service to the campus and the materials science and engineering profession worldwide.
PhD (or equivalent international degree) or enrolled in PhD (or equivalent international degree) granting program at the time of application.
To apply for consideration, please go to the following link:
Applicants should submit:
1) Cover letter
2) Curriculum vitae with complete publication list
3) Contact details for 3 references (Letters of reference will be solicited by the department chair for candidates selected for serious consideration during initial screening. We will seek your permission before doing so). All letters will be treated as confidential per University Policy, https://apo.berkeley.edu/ucb-confidentiality-policy
4) Brief statement of research interests (3 page limit)
5) Statement on teaching philosophy and interests
6) Statement of diversity and inclusion; Please submit a 2-3 page statement on your contributions to diversity, equity and inclusion, including information about your understanding of these issues, your record of activities to date, and your specify plans and goals for advancing equity and inclusion if hired as a Berkeley faculty member (for additional information go to https://ofew.berkeley.edu/recuritment/contributions-diversity).
Review of applications will begin on December 15, 2018, and applications must be received by 11:59 pm (pacific time) on January 2, 2019. Applications received after this date will not be considered. Please direct questions to email@example.com
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are core values of UC Berkeley. Our excellence can only be fully realized by faculty, students, and staff who share our commitment to these values. Successful candidates for our faculty position will demonstrate evidence of a commitment to equity and inclusion through their research, teaching, and/or service. Examples of ongoing programming at the College are available at: http://engineering.berkeley.edu/diversity
The University of California, Berkeley and the MSE department are committed to addressing the family needs of faculty, including dual career couples and single parents. We are also interested in candidates who have had non-traditional career paths or who have taken time off for family reasons, or who have achieved excellence in careers outside academia. For information about potential relocation to Berkeley, or career needs of accompanying partners and spouses, please visit: http://ofew.berkeley.edu/new-faculty.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: http://policy.ucop.edu/doc/4000376/NondiscrimAffirmAct
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency