Deputy Group Leader (R&D Manager)
Los Alamos National Laboratory is a multidisciplinary research institution engaged in science
and engineering on behalf of national security. The Center for Integrated Nanotechnologies (MPA-CINT) invites outstanding candidates for the position of Deputy Group Leader (DGL). This role will partner with Center leadership in providing technical oversight and management for MPA-CINT, which is composed of 80 employees, including 65 technical and postdoctoral staff members. We will rely on you to ensure overall quality and effectiveness (safety, compliance, AA/EEO/diversity, financial and HR management, technical vision, etc.) of the Center in research and development and dedication to our mission as an Office of Science national user facility.
- Ph.D. or equivalent education/experience in a field related to MPA-CINT's core science areas (materials science, chemistry, physics, biology, electrical or mechanical engineering)
- Strong record of technical accomplishment and demonstrated professional experience in one or more of MPA-CINT's areas as demonstrated by a strong record of publication in scientific journals and invited presentations at international conferences
- Experience managing experimental facilities and support personnel
- Demonstrated leadership experience to coordinate and promote teaming across organizational boundaries
- Record of effective teamwork, consensus building, mentorship and technical development of personnel
- Knowledge and understanding of the entrepreneurial skills necessary to grow and cultivate a science-based program portfolio
- A record of success in developing new program funding initiatives and a network of contacts with program sponsors
- Familiarity with the areas of research activity in MPA-CINT
- Working knowledge of laboratory financial, management and ES&H practices
- Demonstrated experience in developing and operating large user facilities
- Experience working on DOE-BES research and with BES program managers
- Ability to obtain a DOE Q clearance
We Are Delivering Scientific Excellence
Los Alamos National Laboratory is more than a place to work. It is a catalyst for discovery, innovation and achievement. It’s one of the reasons we attract world-class talent who contribute greatly to our outstanding culture. Professional development, work/life balance and a diverse and inclusive team foster lasting career satisfaction. Our onsite cafeterias and medical, fitness and breastfeeding facilities, education assistance and generous compensation and benefits reflect our commitment to providing our people with all they need for personal and professional growth.
Apply now: lanl.jobs, search IRC69269: https://lanl.jobs/los-alamos-nm/deputy-group-leader-rd-manager-3/362608B733CE430283E4877BBE48D8EF/job/
Los Alamos National Laboratory is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse and inclusive workforce. All employment practices are based on qualification and merit, without regards to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, age, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation or preference, marital status or spousal affiliation, physical or mental disability, medical conditions, pregnancy, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, or citizenship within the limits imposed by federal laws and regulations. The Laboratory is also committed to making our workplace accessible to individuals with disabilities and will provide reasonable accommodations, upon request, for individuals to participate in the application and hiring process. To request such an accommodation, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-505-665-4444 option 1.