Sr. Manager, Health Economics & Outcomes Research (HEOR)
The Senior Manager, Health Economics & Outcomes Research (HEOR), will be responsible for supporting HEOR activities for Moderna's broad portfolio. This individual will contribute to evidence generation, development of strategy, data analysis and dissemination. It is uniquely important for our company, as you will have the opportunity to shape our development strategy, as opposed to working with inflexible development paths. This work synthesizes our scientific, clinical, and commercial aspirations into a coherent plan to develop medicines that embrace broader healthcare payment trends. This role will reflect our pipeline and, initially, focus on rare disease and vaccine work, but then quickly add oncology and other therapeutic areas.
Here's What You'll Do:
• Contribute to the design and management of HEOR studies from concept through publication
• HEOR studies may include retrospective database studies, economic models, patient-reported outcomes, payer-focused tools, and prospective research studies
• Collaborate with the full strategy/EC, clin ops, TA, and (eventually) commercial teams
• Shape portfolios prioritization based on the feasibility and expectations for HEOR
• Present HEOR study findings in internal and external settings
• You will live our values by being BOLD in supporting development of programs that disrupt existing paradigms, RELENTLESS in refining the impact of this work on our detailed development plans, CURIOUS in conceiving of novel ways to demonstrate the value of our medicines, and COLLABORATIVE in synthesizing your perspective from an interdisciplinary group of clinical, scientific, and business executives.
Here's What You'll Bring to the Table:
• A minimum of a Master's degree in Public Health, Health Services Research, Economics, Epidemiology, Health Policy, or a related discipline
• A minimum of 2 years relevant experience
• Exposure to outcomes-based strategies and tactics to meet commercial and scientific objectives
• Experience in conducting research studies applying health economics, patient-reported outcomes, retrospective and prospective data analyses, epidemiology or health services research
• Exposure to the use of pharmacoeconomic models
• Working knowledge of the drug development and regulatory approval process
• Working knowledge of United States health policy and health care system stakeholders (eg, managed care, public sector payers, emerging models of care)
• Statistical and analytical skills
• Excellent skills in collaboration, influencing and communication (both written and presentation)
• Understanding of the uses of real world evidence and comparative effectiveness for health policy decision-making is preferred
• Working knowledge of regulatory and commercial compliance issues relating to conducting research and disseminating of scientific information is preferred
Here's What We'll Bring to the Table:
- Daily on-site catered lunches
- Company-provided iPhone
- Free parking, monthly subway pass or a subsidized commuter rail pass
- Highly competitive healthcare coverage including: medical offered through BCBS (HMO/PPO), dental, and vision offered through VSP
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical expenses and dependent care expenses
- 16 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for all new parents
- 16 weeks 100% paid family caregiver leave
- 20 weeks 100% paid medical leave
- Adoption assistance and discounts to local childcare centers, as well as access to care.com
- 401k (traditional and Roth offered) with 50% match on first 6% deferred. Match is vested immediately
- A suite of Moderna paid insurance coverage, including: life insurance, short-term and long-term disability
- Voluntary legal assistance plan
- 15 days' vacation and 7 sick days per year, in addition to a discretionary winter shut down and 11 company paid holidays
Why join Moderna Therapeutics
We are pioneering a new class of medicines made of messenger RNA, or mRNA. The potential implications of using mRNA as a drug are significant and far-reaching. It could transform not only how certain diseases are treated but also how medicines are discovered, developed and manufactured - at a breadth, scale and speed not common in the biopharma industry.
Since our founding in 2011, we have built the industry's leading mRNA technology platform, the infrastructure to accelerate drug discovery and speed early development, a rapidly expanding pipeline, and an unparalleled team. Our development pipeline includes development candidates for mRNA-based vaccines and therapies spanning several therapeutic areas, and we have multiple clinical trials already underway with other development candidates progressing toward the clinic. In addition, we have a number of discovery programs that are advancing toward the development stage.
We invite you to explore our site to learn more about our company and how we are advancing the promise of mRNA science to improve health and impact lives around the world.
Deliver on the promise of mRNA science to create a new generation of transformative medicines for patients.
Moderna is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Moderna will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.