Sr. Manager, Strategic Operations, Research
Reporting to the Sr. Director of Strategic Operations, Research, the Senior Manager of Strategic Operations, Research will have hands-on responsibility for ensuring Therapeutic Area (TA) Research operational excellence and alignment with the broader Moderna ecosystem. The qualified candidate will take on responsibilities including strategic planning and business process improvement, and will facilitate prioritization and strengthen TA Research connections with organizations such as the Research Platform, Technical Development, Clinical Development, and CMC/Manufacturing. This position will work closely with the Research leadership team and Operations partners and will serve as the TA Research business partner to a broad variety of internal groups such as Finance, Legal, HR, Informatics, and Communications. The candidate will provide input into and influence scientific, strategic, and organizational aspects of Research at Moderna and be measured by their impact on business performance, efficiency, and collaboration.
Here's What You'll Do:
- Design and drive execution of key TA Research operational initiatives, including strategic planning and review, business process implementation, and alignment of cross-functional priorities.
- Anticipate business challenges, collaboratively develop and implement concrete action plans to address needs, and drive clarity and closure.
- Promote productive connection between TA Research and other internal organizations, including the Research Platform and Technical Development.
- Initiate, manage agenda, ensure participant preparation, and shepherd completion of actions stemming from ad hoc meetings of senior Research staff (e.g., related to Development Candidate practices, alliance management, information management, prioritization across TAs) to maximize forum effectiveness.
- Manage review process for Moderna public disclosures and prepare monthly publication pipeline overview for executive management; recommend key Research advances suitable for disclosure and review Research content prior to disclosure.
- Partner with Human Resources and Communications to develop and disseminate internal Research communications.
Here's What You'll Bring to the Table:
- Advanced degree (MBA or life sciences PhD) or substantial consulting experience required, with 2-5 years post-degree experience in business role at biotechnology or pharmaceutical organization strongly preferred.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple workstreams involving different key stakeholders.
- Ability to develop trust with cross-functional stakeholders and influence without authority.
- Ability to communicate with colleagues of various backgrounds, including scientific/technical.
- Comfort operating in a fast-paced environment and embracing change.
Here's What We'll Bring to the Table:
- Daily on-site catered lunches
- Company-provided iPhone
- Free parking, monthly subway pass or a subsidized commuter rail pass
- Highly competitive healthcare coverage including: medical offered through BCBS (HMO/PPO), dental, and vision offered through VSP
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical expenses and dependent care expenses
- 16 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for all new parents
- 16 weeks 100% paid family caregiver leave
- 20 weeks 100% paid medical leave
- Adoption assistance and discounts to local childcare centers, as well as access to care.com
- 401k (traditional and Roth offered) with 50% match on first 6% deferred. Match is vested immediately
- A suite of Moderna paid insurance coverage, including: life insurance, short-term and long-term disability
- Voluntary legal assistance plan
- 15 days' vacation and 7 sick days per year, in addition to a discretionary winter shut down and 11 company paid holidays
Why join Moderna Therapeutics
We are pioneering a new class of medicines made of messenger RNA, or mRNA. The potential implications of using mRNA as a drug are significant and far-reaching. It could transform not only how certain diseases are treated but also how medicines are discovered, developed and manufactured - at a breadth, scale and speed not common in the biopharma industry.
Since our founding in 2011, we have built the industry's leading mRNA technology platform, the infrastructure to accelerate drug discovery and speed early development, a rapidly expanding pipeline, and an unparalleled team. Our development pipeline includes development candidates for mRNA-based vaccines and therapies spanning several therapeutic areas, and we have multiple clinical trials already underway with other development candidates progressing toward the clinic. In addition, we have a number of discovery programs that are advancing toward the development stage.
We invite you to explore our site to learn more about our company and how we are advancing the promise of mRNA science to improve health and impact lives around the world.
Deliver on the promise of mRNA science to create a new generation of transformative medicines for patients.
Moderna is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Moderna will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.