Associate Director, Global Procurement Operations
This role is an exciting opportunity for a self-starter to join Moderna Therapeutics as a founding member of a high-performance Sourcing & Procurement team building its way to world-class. We're supporting an organization that is radically changing the biotech industry and need a seasoned procurement leader with deep experience developing and actively managing world-class global Procurement Operations. Your primary focus will be helping to establish best practices Procurement Operations that deliver services that are easy to understand and use, with consistent, dependable, high-quality outcomes. Both strategic vision and tactical execution are key to success in this role.
We work collaboratively as a team, we boldly strive for excellence, we are constantly curious and committed to ongoing learning and improvement, and we are relentless in our pursuit of the best talent in the industry.
Here's What You'll Do:
- Own the vision for world-class Procurement Operations and execute as necessary to make that vision a reality.
- Provide management oversight and mentoring to the Procurement Operations team, creating a team that is steeped in best practices, focused on execution, and providing a strong talent-development pipeline.
- Collaboratively develop a Procurement systems roadmap, supported by Moderna's Digital team.
- Establish an approach and support model that ensures data integrity, high-quality analytics, and accurate savings reporting, ultimately delivering “decision-quality” data.
- Own the implementation and management of key purchasing channels, including P-cards, and T&E cards.
- Support the development and optimization of new payment channel strategies, including ghost cards.
- Partner with Moderna's Quality team to support and optimize the Supplier Qualification process.
- Collaboratively identify opportunities for continuous improvement, and provide management oversight, project management and execution support to drive end-to-end process improvement aimed at making it easier for our stakeholders to get consistent, dependable, high-quality outcomes.
- Develop a Help Desk capability and provide ongoing management oversight.
- Draw on best practices to aid in development and implementation of standard processes, tools, and templates in support of a rapidly growing company.
- Develop strong, trusted, analytically-driven service delivery relationships.
- Leverage both external and internal subject matter expertise and innovation to inform and optimize enterprise value creation.
- Proactively develop partnerships with key partner functions, including Legal, Finance and Digital- ensuring communication is open, ideas and information are shared, and communications foster respect and true collaboration.
- Oversee projects on an ad hoc basis as necessary to further the Procurement function's and Moderna's broader capability maturity.
- Be bold in identifying, exploring and leading new opportunities to drive continuous-improvement.
Here's What You'll Bring to the Table:
- A minimum of 10+ years of progressive experience in Procurement Operations in a collaborative, high-performance environment.
- MBA Preferred
- C.P.M. or equivalent professional certification preferred.
- You drive quantifiable results and set a high bar for yourself and others. You are a Procurement professional because love what you do, and it shows!
- Outstanding analytical skills—you convert data into decision-quality information, and use it strategically to drive successful outcomes
- A proven track record of developing and leading Procurement Operations teams that deliver strong near- and long-term value creation.
- Exceptional stakeholder management skills—you are a tenacious problem-solver with a focus on building mutually beneficial relationships
- A strong understanding of Procurement Operations, Purchasing and Payment channel best practices.
- Capable project management skills and an ability to manage a dynamic project portfolio
- Strong influencing skills; in both verbal and written communications, you are outgoing, clear and concise, and seek to build relationships across a wide range of stakeholder audiences
- A desire to be part of a high-growth, transformational company that is Bold, Relentless, Curious, and Collaborative.
- A natural ability to be organized in how you think, communicate and conduct your work
- A ‘digital first' mindset, creative in using IT solutions to drive efficiency and informational advantage wherever possible
- Curiosity that allows you to constantly learn and challenge the status quo
- Respect for others and a desire to work as a team. We win together.
- A passion for developing and nurturing staff to achieve their full-potential.
Here's What We'll Bring to the Table:
- Daily catered lunches on-site.
- Daily on-site catered lunches
- Company-provided iPhone
- Free parking, monthly subway pass or a subsidized commuter rail pass
- Highly competitive healthcare coverage including: medical offered through BCBS (HMO/PPO), dental, and vision offered through VSP
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical expenses and dependent care expenses
- 16 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for all new parents
- 16 weeks 100% paid family caregiver leave
- 20 weeks 100% paid medical leave
- Adoption assistance and discounts to local childcare centers, as well as access to care.com
- 401k (traditional and Roth offered) with 50% match on first 6% deferred. Match is vested immediately
- A suite of Moderna paid insurance coverage, including: life insurance, short-term and long-term disability
- Voluntary legal assistance plan
- 15 days' vacation and 7 sick days per year, in addition to a discretionary winter shut down and 11 company paid holidays
Why join Moderna Therapeutics
We are pioneering a new class of medicines made of messenger RNA, or mRNA. The potential implications of using mRNA as a drug are significant and far-reaching. It could transform not only how certain diseases are treated but also how medicines are discovered, developed and manufactured - at a breadth, scale and speed not common in the biopharma industry.
Since our founding in 2011, we have built the industry's leading mRNA technology platform, the infrastructure to accelerate drug discovery and speed early development, a rapidly expanding pipeline, and an unparalleled team. Our development pipeline includes development candidates for mRNA-based vaccines and therapies spanning several therapeutic areas, and we have multiple clinical trials already underway with other development candidates progressing toward the clinic. In addition, we have a number of discovery programs that are advancing toward the development stage.
We invite you to explore our site to learn more about our company and how we are advancing the promise of mRNA science to improve health and impact lives around the world.
Deliver on the promise of mRNA science to create a new generation of transformative medicines for patients.
Moderna is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Moderna will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.