Associate Director, Global Category Management & Strategic Sourcing, Clinical
This role is an exciting opportunity for a self-starter to join Moderna Therapeutics as a founding member of a high-performance Sourcing & Procurement team building its way to world-class. We're supporting an organization that is radically changing the biotech industry and need a seasoned procurement leader with deep experience actively managing Clinical spend categories. Your primary focus will be helping to establish a best practices Category Management and Strategic Sourcing program for Clinical spend, actively supporting the build-out of our capabilities while developing a global network of preferred and strategic suppliers. Both strategic vision and tactical execution are key to success in this role.
We work collaboratively as a team, we boldly strive for excellence, we are constantly curious and committed to ongoing learning and improvement, and we are relentless in our pursuit of the best talent in the industry.
Here's What You'll Do:
- Partner with teams including Platform, Research, Therapeutic Areas, and Clinical Development, among others, to understand their needs, and develop and execute clear category management, strategic sourcing, and procurement strategies that support Moderna's business objectives. Core categories include Pre-Clinical and Toxicology Studies, Bioanalytical Services, and CRO Services, among others.
- Lead sourcing events and contract negotiations for key Indirect goods and services.
- Segment suppliers and focus on development of strategic suppliers applying proven Supplier Relationship Management skills.
- Draw on best practices to aid in development and implementation of standard processes, tools, and templates in support of a rapidly growing company.
- Develop strong, trusted, analytically-driven service delivery relationships.
- Leverage both external and internal subject matter expertise and innovation to inform and optimize enterprise value creation
- Proactively develop partnerships with key partner functions, including Legal, Finance and Digital- ensuring communication is open, ideas and information are shared, and communications foster respect and true collaboration.
- Oversee projects on an ad hoc basis as necessary to further the Procurement function's and Moderna's broader capability maturity.
- Be bold in identifying, exploring and leading new opportunities to drive continuous-improvement.
Here's What You'll Bring to the Table:
- A minimum of 10+ years of progressive experience in Clinical Category Management & Strategic Sourcing in a cGMP-based life sciences environment.
- BS in Business, Finance or Supply Chain. MBA Preferred.
- C.P.M. or equivalent professional certification preferred.
- You drive quantifiable results and set a high bar for yourself and others. You are a sourcing and procurement professional because love what you do, and it shows!
- Outstanding analytical skills—you convert data into decision-quality information, and use it strategically to drive successful outcomes
- A proven track record of creating category management and sourcing strategies that deliver strong near- and long-term value creation.
- Exceptional negotiation skills—you are a tenacious problem-solver with a focus on building mutually beneficial relationships
- A strong understanding of Supplier Relationship Management best practices.
- Capable project management skills and an ability to manage a dynamic supplier/ project portfolio
- Strong influencing skills; in both verbal and written communications, you are outgoing, clear and concise, and seek to build relationships across a wide range of stakeholder audiences
- A desire to be part of a high-growth, transformational company that is Bold, Relentless, Curious, and Collaborative.
- A natural ability to be organized in how you think, communicate and conduct your work
- A ‘digital first' mindset, creative in using IT solutions to drive efficiency and informational advantage wherever possible
- Curiosity that allows you to constantly learn and challenge the status quo
- Respect for others and a desire to work as a team. We win together.
- A passion for developing and nurturing staff to achieve their full-potential.
Here's What We'll Bring to the Table:
- Daily on-site catered lunches
- Company-provided iPhone
- Free parking, monthly subway pass or a subsidized commuter rail pass
- Highly competitive healthcare coverage including: medical offered through BCBS (HMO/PPO), dental, and vision offered through VSP
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical expenses and dependent care expenses
- 16 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for all new parents
- 16 weeks 100% paid family caregiver leave
- 20 weeks 100% paid medical leave
- Adoption assistance and discounts to local childcare centers, as well as access to care.com
- 401k (traditional and Roth offered) with 50% match on first 6% deferred. Match is vested immediately
- A suite of Moderna paid insurance coverage, including: life insurance, short-term and long-term disability
- Voluntary legal assistance plan
- 15 days' vacation and 7 sick days per year, in addition to a discretionary winter shut down and 11 company paid holidays
Why join Moderna Therapeutics
We are pioneering a new class of medicines made of messenger RNA, or mRNA. The potential implications of using mRNA as a drug are significant and far-reaching. It could transform not only how certain diseases are treated but also how medicines are discovered, developed and manufactured - at a breadth, scale and speed not common in the biopharma industry.
Since our founding in 2011, we have built the industry's leading mRNA technology platform, the infrastructure to accelerate drug discovery and speed early development, a rapidly expanding pipeline, and an unparalleled team. Our development pipeline includes development candidates for mRNA-based vaccines and therapies spanning several therapeutic areas, and we have multiple clinical trials already underway with other development candidates progressing toward the clinic. In addition, we have a number of discovery programs that are advancing toward the development stage.
We invite you to explore our site to learn more about our company and how we are advancing the promise of mRNA science to improve health and impact lives around the world.
Deliver on the promise of mRNA science to create a new generation of transformative medicines for patients.
Moderna is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Moderna will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.