Assistant Professor of Biology
The Biology Program at California State University Channel Islands invites applications for a tenure-track faculty position in Ecology at the rank of Assistant Professor. Preference will be given to applicants with expertise in one or more of the following areas: marine biology/ecology or quantitative ecology. The successful applicant should be able to contribute to the department's core course offerings, develop upper level courses in their specialties and establish an active research program that involves mentoring undergraduate students. A Ph.D. in Biology or a closely related field and postdoctoral experience are required. All members of the faculty are expected to assume an active collegial role in the planning and governance of the institution through service on campus-wide committees and to promote a learning environment supportive of individuals from diverse backgrounds.
- A Ph.D. in Biology or a related scientific discipline from an accredited institution.
- Post-doctoral experience is required.
- Evidence of the ability to establish an active research program in Ecology that involves undergraduate students.
- Teaching experience at the college/university level.
- Evidence of on-going scholarly activities.
As a condition of employment, this position will require a background check. The person holding this position is considered a 'mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
- A record of effective teaching with a variety of methodologies and technologies.
- Experience with interdisciplinary collaboration in teaching and/or scholarship.
- Expertise in one or more of the following: marine biology/ecology or quantitative ecology.