Bioinformatics Data Analytics Scientist
Bioinformatics & Data Analytics Scientist 2/3
Los Alamos National Laboratory
Los Alamos, New Mexico
The Biosecurity and Public Health group at LANL is seeking a specialist in Bioinformatics and Data Analytics to support and develop programmatic and R&D efforts in the Bioscience (B) Division. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work on multi-disciplinary projects involving topics such as biosecurity, public health, biosurveillance, bioenergy and environmental microbiology. This position will be filled at either the Scientist 2 or 3 level, depending on the skills of the selected candidate. Additional job responsibilities (outlined below) will be assigned if the candidate is hired at the higher level. Join the best and brightest minds in the world at one of the most innovative and creative multidisciplinary research institutions engaged in strategic science on behalf of national security.
R&D Scientist 2 ($87,800 - $144,800)
R&D Scientist 3 ($96,600 - $161,300)
Visit our website (see link below) for a complete job description.
- A Bachelor’s, Master’s or Doctorate degree in science from an accredited college or university; Ph.D. in Microbiology/Molecular Biology/Biological Sciences/Bioinformatics/Computational Biology preferred
- Demonstrated expertise in bioinformatics and data science
- Demonstrated experience in metagenomics
- Proven knowledge of differences in next-generation sequencing technologies and implications for biological interpretation
- Demonstrated skills in software/web development
- Broad knowledge of genomics, infectious disease biology and epidemiology
Additional Requirements for level 3 Scientist:
- A Ph.D in Microbiology/Molecular Biology/Biological Sciences/Bioinformatics/Computational Biology
- Proven ability to write grants and secure funding in the areas of bioinformatics/data science/epidemiological modeling/health analytics
- Demonstrated experience in leading the research, design, testing, analysis, verification and validation of cross-disciplinary or highly and/or narrowly specialized, novel scientific and technological solutions in support of R&D initiatives
- Established record of publications in peer-reviewed journals
- Demonstrated experience in leading the development of technical products such as journal papers, reports, presentations and concept papers
- Skills in developing intellectual property leading to publications, copyrights and/or patents
We Are Delivering Scientific Excellence
Los Alamos National Laboratory is more than a place to work. It is a catalyst for discovery, innovation and achievement. It’s one of the reasons we attract world-class talent who contribute greatly to our outstanding culture. Professional development, work/life balance and a diverse and inclusive team foster lasting career satisfaction. Our onsite cafeterias and medical, fitness and breastfeeding facilities, education assistance and generous compensation and benefits reflect our commitment to providing our people with all they need for personal and professional growth.
Apply now: lanl.jobs, search IRC68665 https://lanl.jobs/los-alamos-nm/bioinformatics-data-analytics-scientist-scientist-23/5C6445A26B8B4CA18A338E439FF84F07/job/
Los Alamos National Laboratory is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse and inclusive workforce. All employment practices are based on qualification and merit, without regards to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, age, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation or preference, marital status or spousal affiliation, physical or mental disability, medical conditions, pregnancy, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, or citizenship within the limits imposed by federal laws and regulations. The Laboratory is also committed to making our workplace accessible to individuals with disabilities and will provide reasonable accommodations, upon request, for individuals to participate in the application and hiring process. To request such an accommodation, please send an email to email@example.com or call 1-505-665-4444 option 1.