Principal Systems Engineer
Moderna is seeking a Principal Systems Engineer for a position based at their Cambridge, MA site. The individual in this role will focus on the conceptual development of custom automated equipment for use in the Research, development and production of messenger RNA. He/she will play a key role during the design and build process. The individual will be part of a small hardware development team presently at Moderna. The successful candidate must have 10-15 years of Electromechanical or Automation Engineering experience and be able to show a relevant portfolio of accomplishments
Here's What You'll Do:
- Conceptualize, define and develop Custom automated equipment.
- Coordinate activities related to instrument control and method development using internal and external controls engineers
- Be accountable for deployment of finished operational instruments for use at Moderna Therapeutics
Here's What You'll Bring to the Table:
- Minimum education required: MS Electromechanical, Biomedical engineering
- Minimum experience required: 10-15 years in Life sciences
- Minimum knowledge required:
CAD modeling, firmware/software development
- Minimum skills required:
Analytical approach, Problem solving skills, vendor communication, MS Office.
- Prior success in developing automated equipment, life sciences is a plus
- Proven ability to multitask
- Exceptional written and oral communication
- Preferred Education : PHD Electromechanical, Biomedical engineering
- Preferred Experience : 20 years
- Preferred Knowledge: Biological processes, Solidworks, PLC programming (Allen-Bradley CompactLogix)
- Preferred Skills: visionary, hands-on, methodical, well organized
- A proven track record of successful equipment design
- Familiarity with a variety of sensor technologies
- GMP production experience
Here's What We'll Bring to the Table:
- Daily on-site catered lunches
- Company-provided iPhone
- Free parking, monthly subway pass or a subsidized commuter rail pass
- Highly competitive healthcare coverage including: medical offered through BCBS (HMO/PPO), dental, and vision offered through VSP
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical expenses and dependent care expenses
- 16 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for all new parents
- 16 weeks 100% paid family caregiver leave
- 20 weeks 100% paid medical leave
- Adoption assistance and discounts to local childcare centers, as well as access to care.com
- 401k (traditional and Roth offered) with 50% match on first 6% deferred. Match is vested immediately
- A suite of Moderna paid insurance coverage, including: life insurance, short-term and long-term disability
- Voluntary legal assistance plan
- 15 days' vacation and 7 sick days per year, in addition to a discretionary winter shut down and 11 company paid holidays
Why join Moderna Therapeutics
We are pioneering a new class of medicines made of messenger RNA, or mRNA. The potential implications of using mRNA as a drug are significant and far-reaching. It could transform not only how certain diseases are treated but also how medicines are discovered, developed and manufactured - at a breadth, scale and speed not common in the biopharma industry.
Since our founding in 2011, we have built the industry's leading mRNA technology platform, the infrastructure to accelerate drug discovery and speed early development, a rapidly expanding pipeline, and an unparalleled team. Our development pipeline includes development candidates for mRNA-based vaccines and therapies spanning several therapeutic areas, and we have multiple clinical trials already underway with other development candidates progressing toward the clinic. In addition, we have a number of discovery programs that are advancing toward the development stage.
We invite you to explore our site to learn more about our company and how we are advancing the promise of mRNA science to improve health and impact lives around the world.
Deliver on the promise of mRNA science to create a new generation of transformative medicines for patients.
Moderna is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Moderna will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.