Sr. Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis (Development)
The Senior Manager of FP&A (Development) is a key member of the Financial Planning and Analysis team. Reporting to the Director of FP&A, this position will serve as a business partner to the Development organization and support a growing portfolio of Development candidates across multiple therapeutic areas. This position will partner with Development leadership, Clinical Operations and program teams to manage annual operating budgets and forecasts, month-end close and reporting activities, long-range planning, portfolio management process for new development candidates, as well as other ad-hoc operational or strategic decision-making support.
Here's What You'll Do:
Financial Planning/Decision Analysis:
- Understanding the financial needs and drivers of the Development organization to provide both operational and strategic financial support to drive the business
- Collaborate across the Development organization to develop annual budgets, forecast updates and assist in long-range financial plans
- Assist in providing the Executive Committee with quarterly portfolio updates highlighting key operational drivers and financial performance for development programs
- Serve as primary finance lead for external partnerships/collaborations within Development; Specifically support immuno-oncology financial partnership model and support reporting, invoicing and planning to satisfy collaboration agreement requirements
- Support emerging development candidates (DCs) with business case analysis (e.g. cost to next decision, life of program costs, eNPV valuation) for DC nomination & approval process
- Support and manage clinical trial models/framework to provide monthly updates on life-to-date positions for ongoing studies, identify/understand major clinical operational drivers updating models as needed, and forecast remaining cash flow through end of study.
- Partner with Development leadership to strategize and identify headcount resourcing requirements
- Drive continuous improvement within the finance organization to streamline processes and improve communication and flow of information to the business
- Update month end dashboards and other reports for Development. Outline key insights or trends that require attention and enable budget owners to manage to establish budgets
- Report on development programs operating expenses to Development leadership
- Prepare monthly / quarterly financial deliverables as needed
Ongoing Operational finance support:
- Assist accounting operations team during month-end close with related spend/accruals for Development
- Suggest and drive process and system improvements
Here's What You'll Bring to the Table:
- BA/BS in accounting or finance required; MBA strongly preferred
- 5-7 years of experience in financial planning and analysis in the life sciences industry; experience working within a clinical-stage biotech preferred.
- Outstanding communication skills (verbal and written).
- Strong organizational skills and attention to details; ability to balance multiple priorities in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills; highly proficient in Excel based modeling
- Experience with tier 1 ERP systems (e.g. SAP, Oracle) and associated planning and reporting tools preferred.
Here's What We'll Bring to the Table:
- Daily on-site catered lunches
- Company-provided iPhone
- Free parking, monthly subway pass or a subsidized commuter rail pass
- Highly competitive healthcare coverage including: medical offered through BCBS (HMO/PPO), dental, and vision offered through VSP
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical expenses and dependent care expenses
- 16 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for all new parents
- 16 weeks 100% paid family caregiver leave
- 20 weeks 100% paid medical leave
- Adoption assistance and discounts to local childcare centers, as well as access to care.com
- 401k (traditional and Roth offered) with 50% match on first 6% deferred. Match is vested immediately
- A suite of Moderna paid insurance coverage, including: life insurance, short-term and long-term disability
- Voluntary legal assistance plan
- 15 days' vacation and 7 sick days per year, in addition to a discretionary winter shut down and 11 company paid holidays
Why join Moderna Therapeutics
We are pioneering a new class of medicines made of messenger RNA, or mRNA. The potential implications of using mRNA as a drug are significant and far-reaching. It could transform not only how certain diseases are treated but also how medicines are discovered, developed and manufactured - at a breadth, scale and speed not common in the biopharma industry.
Since our founding in 2011, we have built the industry's leading mRNA technology platform, the infrastructure to accelerate drug discovery and speed early development, a rapidly expanding pipeline, and an unparalleled team. Our development pipeline includes development candidates for mRNA-based vaccines and therapies spanning several therapeutic areas, and we have multiple clinical trials already underway with other development candidates progressing toward the clinic. In addition, we have a number of discovery programs that are advancing toward the development stage.
We invite you to explore our site to learn more about our company and how we are advancing the promise of mRNA science to improve health and impact lives around the world.
Deliver on the promise of mRNA science to create a new generation of transformative medicines for patients.
Moderna is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Moderna will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.