Manager, FP&A (G&A)
The FP&A Manager, G&A is a critical member of the Financial Planning and Analysis team. Reporting to the Senior Director of FP&A, this position will work across the organization and with the functional area finance leads to support a growing R&D organization and portfolio of development candidates. This position will partner with organizational leaders on operating budgets and forecasts, month-end close and reporting activities, long range planning, as well as other ad-hoc operational or strategic decision-making support.
Here's What You'll Do:
Financial Planning/Decision Analysis:
- Understanding the financial needs and investment drivers across G&A business functions: Legal, Business Development/Strategy, HR, Digital, and Finance; provide both operational and strategic financial analysis to drive the business.
- Assist with the development of annual G&A budgets and reforecasts including quarterly trend analysis and consolidation of projections
- Maintain a consolidated G&A headcount tracker and partner with HRBPs, Talent Acquisition and cost center managers to track and review changes, moves, hires and departures
- Own company consolidated P&L and cash burn forecast model
- Continuously identify and communicate all risks and opportunities against the existing forecast
- Support the development of the long-range plan and other G&A ad hoc analysis as applicable
- Support continuous improvement efforts within the finance organization to streamline processes and improve communication and flow of information to the business
- Update month end dashboards and other reports for G&A headcount and operating expenses. Outline key insights or trends that require attention and enable budget owners to manage to established budgets
- Support consolidated reporting & planning activities
- Own consolidated Headcount reporting
Ongoing Operational finance support:
- Manage day-to-day G&A purchase requisition approvals
- Assist accounting operations team during month-end close with related spend/accruals for G&A
- Support Capital Review and approval process across the company
- Support facilities and space planning analyses, inclusive of maintaining rent schedules and headcount projections by location
Here's What You'll Bring to the Table:
- BA/BS in accounting or finance required; MBA preferred
- 2-4 years of FP&A experience; life sciences industry experience preferred
- Strong organizational skills and attention to details; ability to balance multiple priorities in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills; highly proficient in Excel based modeling
- Strong communication skills (both written and oral)
- Experience with tier 1 ERP systems (e.g. SAP, Oracle) and planning and reporting tools preferred
Here's What We'll Bring to the Table:
- Daily on-site catered lunches.
- Company-provided iPhone.
- Free parking, monthly subway pass or a subsidized commuter rail pass.
- Highly competitive healthcare coverage. Including: medical offered through BCBS (HMO/PPO), dental, and vision offered through VSP.
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical expenses and dependent care expenses.
- 401k (traditional and Roth offered) with 50% match on first 6% deferred. Match is vested immediately.
- A suite of Moderna paid insurance coverage, including: life insurance, short-term and long-term disability
- Voluntary legal assistance plan
- 15 days' vacation and 7 sick days per year, in addition to a discretionary winter shut down and 11 company paid holidays.
- Adoption assistance, competitive parental leave, discount to local childcare centers, as well as access to Care.com
Why join Moderna Therapeutics
We are pioneering a new class of medicines made of messenger RNA, or mRNA. The potential implications of using mRNA as a drug are significant and far-reaching. It could transform not only how certain diseases are treated but also how medicines are discovered, developed and manufactured - at a breadth, scale and speed not common in the biopharma industry.
Since our founding in 2011, we have built the industry's leading mRNA technology platform, the infrastructure to accelerate drug discovery and speed early development, a rapidly expanding pipeline, and an unparalleled team. Our development pipeline includes development candidates for mRNA-based vaccines and therapies spanning several therapeutic areas, and we have multiple clinical trials already underway with other development candidates progressing toward the clinic. In addition, we have a number of discovery programs that are advancing toward the development stage.
We invite you to explore our site to learn more about our company and how we are advancing the promise of mRNA science to improve health and impact lives around the world.
Deliver on the promise of mRNA science to create a new generation of transformative medicines for patients.
Moderna is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Moderna will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.