Scientist, mRNA Stability
Moderna is seeking a Scientist for a position based at their Cambridge, MA site. The individual in this role will be a highly skilled, talented and motivated scientist that will be focused on mRNA stability. He/She will drive the fundamental understanding of the kinetics and mechanisms of mRNA degradation within lipid nanoparticles. The successful candidate will also work cross functionally with other scientist at Moderna to convert these fundamental understandings into real world strategies to slow mRNA degradation within lipid nanoparticles. The successful candidate must have a Ph.D. (Chemistry, Biochemistry, or related science) with 0-5 years of post-doctoral experience and be a subject matter expert in RNA stability.
Here's What You'll Do:
- Kinetic analysis of RNA degradation
- Biophysical analysis of RNA structure using DSC and CD
- Development of novel biochemical and biophysical methods for the characterization of mRNA degradation within lipid nanoparticles
- Elucidation of mRNA degradation pathways within lipid nanoparticles
- Experience with DOE is preferred but not required
- Accountable for project success and results delivery
- Record and communicate findings
- Presentation of results at internal meetings
Here's What You'll Bring to the Table:
- Ph.D. (Chemistry, Biochemistry, or related science), or Ph.D. with at least 0-5 years of post-graduate work
- Experience in performing chemical characterization of RNA
- Experience in performing RNA kinetic studies
- Experience with analysis of nucleic acids, including nucleosides, nucleotides, and oligonucleotides
- Experience with analysis of lipids and hydrocarbons, e.g. APCI techniques
- Ability to work independently or collaboratively, as required
- Ability to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal and collaborative skills, and the ability to work independently and effectively in a highly dynamic environment
- Organization and attention to detail
Here's What We'll Bring to the Table:
- Daily on-site catered lunches
- Company-provided iPhone
- Free parking, monthly subway pass or a subsidized commuter rail pass
- Highly competitive healthcare coverage including: medical offered through BCBS (HMO/PPO), dental, and vision offered through VSP
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical expenses and dependent care expenses
- 16 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for all new parents
- 16 weeks 100% paid family caregiver leave
- 20 weeks 100% paid medical leave
- Adoption assistance and discounts to local childcare centers, as well as access to care.com
- 401k (traditional and Roth offered) with 50% match on first 6% deferred. Match is vested immediately
- A suite of Moderna paid insurance coverage, including: life insurance, short-term and long-term disability
- Voluntary legal assistance plan
- 15 days' vacation and 7 sick days per year, in addition to a discretionary winter shut down and 11 company paid holidays
Why join Moderna Therapeutics
We are pioneering a new class of medicines made of messenger RNA, or mRNA. The potential implications of using mRNA as a drug are significant and far-reaching. It could transform not only how certain diseases are treated but also how medicines are discovered, developed and manufactured - at a breadth, scale and speed not common in the biopharma industry.
Since our founding in 2011, we have built the industry's leading mRNA technology platform, the infrastructure to accelerate drug discovery and speed early development, a rapidly expanding pipeline, and an unparalleled team. Our development pipeline includes development candidates for mRNA-based vaccines and therapies spanning several therapeutic areas, and we have multiple clinical trials already underway with other development candidates progressing toward the clinic. In addition, we have a number of discovery programs that are advancing toward the development stage.
We invite you to explore our site to learn more about our company and how we are advancing the promise of mRNA science to improve health and impact lives around the world.
Deliver on the promise of mRNA science to create a new generation of transformative medicines for patients.
Moderna is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Moderna will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.