Tenure Track Assistant, Associate or Professor of Pharmacology
The Oakland University William Beaumont School of Medicine (OUWB) is seeking applicants for a tenure-track Assistant, Associate or Professor level position in Pharmacology. The successful candidate will be expected to work with a diverse, interdisciplinary team of medical educators, clinicians and scholars to develop, implement, and evaluate curricular elements and academic resources in an innovative medical education curriculum. The scholarly focus for this position is open and may range from medical education research to more traditional forms of biomedical research.
1. Provides instruction in the basic and/or clinical sciences in a culturally diverse environment in various settings including the classroom, clinical sites, laboratory, as well as computer-based and other distance-learning delivery systems. Generates curricular materials for instructional activities. Coordinates and integrates instructional activities and curricular materials while working professionally and effectively with other faculty in order to enhance the learning experience for students
2. Establishes learning objectives and competency standards for undergraduate medical students. Contributes to the process of student assessment, including developing, implementing and evaluating assessment materials and procedures. Develops and implements effective remediation processes for students identified as performing below established competency standards
3. Uses and promotes best practices in education. Provides mentoring, training and support for other faculty in order to improve instruction across the curriculum and encourages adoption of improved instructional techniques by our faculty
4. Maintains and improves their own competence in subject content and instructional methodology through participation in faculty development activities and self-directed learning
5. Assists, evaluates, advises and mentors medical students regarding academic and curricular matters
6. Participates in scholarly activity. Scholarly activities may include the scholarship of discovery (research), the advancement of new theories and/or principles, expansion and/or interpretation of existing ideas, theories, and principles, and/or improvement and application of knowledge. Scholarly work must be disseminated and exposed to peer review. Appropriate distribution of effort will be determined based upon scholarly focus
7. Performs administrative duties, such as course director or discipline director, as negotiated and assigned
In addition candidates must have:
A. Demonstrated commitment to advancing a culture and climate of diversity and inclusion, and serving a diverse population
B. Experience in basic science course development
C. Experience conducting medical education scholarship or evidence of bench research success in pharmacology that would merit appointment as Assistant, Associate or full Professor in a basic science department
D. Unequivocal evidence of effective teaching at the medical school (preferred) or other health science professional school level
A terminal degree and teaching experience in a medical curriculum.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/f2zswv4mskpv3jvq