Principal Research Scientist-Toxicology Project Leader
The Department of Nonclinical Safety Assessment within the Division of Toxicology/Pathology at Lilly is seeking an experienced research scientist for the role of Toxicology Project Leader. Do you have experience developing and leading nonclinical development strategies for various stages of drug development? Have you interpreted the results from these strategies to clinicians and regulatory agencies? Are you knowledgeable of global regulatory standards (e.g. ICH and geography-specific policies) and Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) standards? You will provide scientific leadership and drug development expertise as well as represent Toxicology on drug development teams from early discovery through clinical trials to registration and beyond. You will play an integral role in developing world-class medicines for Eli Lilly and Company.Some key responsibilities of this role may include:
- integrate data from toxicological studies and provide an assessment of the potential physiologic/toxicologic outcomes that will guide clinical investigators.
- work collaboratively across multiple functions including Chemistry, Discovery Biology, Drug Disposition, Pathology, Medical/Clinical and Regulatory Affairs
- partner with these functions and external research organizations to lead toxicology strategy,
- design effective toxicology plans to identify issues, characterize, and address risk of toxicity for compounds moving through development.
As a member of our Toxicology team you will have leadership and advancement opportunity in our multidisciplinary group. We utilize basic and applied approaches to predict and evaluate the safety of new chemical and biological entities. Are you looking for an opportunity to have a high level of impact both within Lilly and in the external research and/or regulatory environment? In this role you will be expected to contribute to a group of highly-engaged scientists, striving to provide industry-leading toxicology support to development teams.
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 39,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We're looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
- Ph.D. in Toxicology or a related discipline
- At least 4 years of experience beyond education, preferably in industry
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively work in a team environment
- Diplomat, American Board of Toxicology (DABT)
- Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.