(Contract) Sr. Associate, Learning & Development
This position reports to the Head of Learning & Development and plays a critical role in establishing a learning culture at Moderna. The L&D function oversees professional development and organizational training and the Senior Associate is the foundation of much of the work. The successful candidate will focus on the logistics, coordination and communication related to Moderna University, including but not limited to a best in class monthly new hire orientation program, instructor led professional development courses and many other on going and emerging projects. There is also the opportunity to work in areas such as internal marketing, learning systems, and creative methods of strengthening the Moderna University brand.
We work collaboratively as a team, we boldly strive for excellence, we are constantly curious and committed to ongoing learning and improvement, and we are relentless in our commitment to providing outstanding and valuable learning resources for our talented employees.
Here's What You'll Do:
- Own all communication, scheduling and logistics of Moderna ONE (monthly new hire orientation) including the two-day classroom program and the offsite poster session
- Serve as a primary face of Moderna to new hires, communicating with them prior to their start date and providing a great experience for them on Day One
- Oversee logistics and delivery of live classroom training, including: managing the annual Moderna University calendar, coordinating with vendors and facilitators, sending course updates and pre-work to learners, conducting program surveys, etc.
- Manage the Moderna University page on the intranet including uploading and organizing content, and looking for ongoing improvement opportunities
- Build creative methods of communicating and marketing Moderna University resources to the organization
- Manage the inventory of L&D supplies for programs
- Work in the learning management system (LMS) including content management, reporting and training assignment
Here's What You'll Bring to the Table:
- Minimum of BA/BS degree
- 2+ years of experience in a role that required management of logistics and administration
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple tasks in parallel
- High sense of urgency and problem-solving ability when faced with challenges
- Ownership and pride in delivering high quality solutions for employees
- High degree of flexibility, resilience, creativity and resourcefulness
- Experience with Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Word
- Experience with learning technologies is a plus - LMS, intranet, digital resources
- Committed to ongoing self-development and improvement
Why join Moderna Therapeutics
We are pioneering a new class of medicines made of messenger RNA, or mRNA. The potential implications of using mRNA as a drug are significant and far-reaching. It could transform not only how certain diseases are treated but also how medicines are discovered, developed and manufactured - at a breadth, scale and speed not common in the biopharma industry.
Since our founding in 2011, we have built the industry's leading mRNA technology platform, the infrastructure to accelerate drug discovery and speed early development, a rapidly expanding pipeline, and an unparalleled team. Our development pipeline includes development candidates for mRNA-based vaccines and therapies spanning several therapeutic areas, and we have multiple clinical trials already underway with other development candidates progressing toward the clinic. In addition, we have a number of discovery programs that are advancing toward the development stage.
We invite you to explore our site to learn more about our company and how we are advancing the promise of mRNA science to improve health and impact lives around the world.
Deliver on the promise of mRNA science to create a new generation of transformative medicines for patients.
Moderna is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Moderna will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.