Sr./ Research Associate, Next-Generation Analytics
We are seeking a talented and motivated Sr./Research Associate to join our Next Generation Analytics team. The primary focus for this position is to leverage Next-Generation Sequencing (NGS), NanoString, and other emerging sequencing platforms to analyze RNA and DNA samples in support of Moderna's mission to develop mRNA therapeutics. The successful candidate will work with groups across the company to develop and execute state-of-the-art sequencing protocols.
Here's What You'll Do:
- Run routine RNA extractions from a variety of sample types to be used in downstream applications, including NGS and other emerging technologies
- Perform complex RNA/DNA NGS experiments, including sample preparation, library creation, library quantification, and operation of sequencing instruments
- Carry out TaqMan, Sanger, and NanoString experiments
- Collaborate and interact regularly with cross-functional groups to troubleshoot and resolve complex technical problems to deliver data against aggressive timelines
- Serve as point person for ordering consumables/kits and maintenance of instruments
- Maintain a clean and safe laboratory work area and ensure compliance with safety policies
Here's What You'll Bring to the Table:
- B.S. in the life sciences (Biology, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Genetics, or related science) with 0-5 years applied experience (industry, academia, hospital, etc.)
- Expertise in a variety of molecular biology methods such as nucleic acid isolation, reverse-transcription, and PCR
- Preferred candidates have demonstrated experience with Illumina and/or NanoString platforms
- Candidate will be curious in exploring new path for drug discovery, bold in proposing creative experimental designs and ideas. Will work collaboratively with multifunctional teams and will be relentless in pursuing successful outcomes
Here's What We'll Bring to the Table:
- Daily on-site catered lunches
- Company-provided iPhone
- Free parking, monthly subway pass or a subsidized commuter rail pass
- Highly competitive healthcare coverage including: medical offered through BCBS (HMO/PPO), dental, and vision offered through VSP
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical expenses and dependent care expenses
- 16 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for all new parents
- 16 weeks 100% paid family caregiver leave
- 20 weeks 100% paid medical leave
- Adoption assistance and discounts to local childcare centers, as well as access to care.com
- 401k (traditional and Roth offered) with 50% match on first 6% deferred. Match is vested immediately
- A suite of Moderna paid insurance coverage, including: life insurance, short-term and long-term disability
- Voluntary legal assistance plan
- 15 days' vacation and 7 sick days per year, in addition to a discretionary winter shut down and 11 company paid holidays
Why join Moderna Therapeutics
We are pioneering a new class of medicines made of messenger RNA, or mRNA. The potential implications of using mRNA as a drug are significant and far-reaching. It could transform not only how certain diseases are treated but also how medicines are discovered, developed and manufactured - at a breadth, scale and speed not common in the biopharma industry.
Since our founding in 2011, we have built the industry's leading mRNA technology platform, the infrastructure to accelerate drug discovery and speed early development, a rapidly expanding pipeline, and an unparalleled team. Our development pipeline includes development candidates for mRNA-based vaccines and therapies spanning several therapeutic areas, and we have multiple clinical trials already underway with other development candidates progressing toward the clinic. In addition, we have a number of discovery programs that are advancing toward the development stage.
We invite you to explore our site to learn more about our company and how we are advancing the promise of mRNA science to improve health and impact lives around the world.
Deliver on the promise of mRNA science to create a new generation of transformative medicines for patients.
Moderna is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Moderna will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.