Space Science Division
Senior Executive Service Career Opportunity – Tier 1
ES-1301/1310/1330: $126,148 - $174,500 per annum* (2018 salary)
*Actual salary may vary depending on the scope and complexity of the
position and the qualifications and current compensation of the selectee.
Become a member of an elite research and development community involved in basic and applied scientific research and advanced technological development for tomorrow's Navy and for the Nation.
The Superintendent of the Space Science Division is responsible for the comprehensive scientific and technical leadership of the Division, including fiscal integrity and administrative operations. The Space Science Division conducts a broad-spectrum research, development, test and evaluation program in solar-terrestrial physics, astrophysics, upper/middle atmospheric science, and astronomy related to understanding, observing, and using the space environment. The Superintendent plans, organizes, directs, and coordinates the scientific program of the Division to satisfy broadly defined Naval Research Laboratory, Department of the Navy, and Department of Defense space science research and development objectives.
As the Superintendent, you will:
- Plan and direct both short- and long-term research and development programs assigned to the Laboratory.
- Define research goals, budgetary requirements, and resources, including review the objectives and content of proposed research programs for technical soundness, resource impact, and Laboratory suitability.
- Serve as senior technical advisor and consultant to the Directorate Head, Director of Research, and Commanding Officer for space science and space weather models.
- Conceive, plan, and formulate the scientific program of the Division in pursuance of the needs of the Navy.
- Maintain a direct liaison with appropriate offices within the Department of the Navy, and other sponsor offices in formulating research plans and programs.
Applicants should be recognized as national/international authorities and should have planned and executed difficult programs of national significance or specialized programs that show outstanding attainment in their field of research.
For more information and specific instructions on how to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov, log in and enter the following announcement number: DE-10323912-19-JS. The announcement closes 11/30/2018. Contact Kelly Weese at email@example.com for more information. E-mailed resumes cannot be accepted.
NRL is an Equal Opportunity Employer
NRL – 4555 Overlook Ave SW, Washington DC 20375