Postdoc Research Fellow, Immuno-Oncology
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Hackensack Meridian Health Center for Discovery and Innovation (CDI) is offering a position for postdoctoral studies in the field of cancer immunotherapy in the laboratory of Dr. Johannes Zakrzewski. The laboratory is part of the CDI's Multiple Myeloma Institute and has close ties to Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center the Georgetown Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center.
The laboratory is located at the Nutley campus of Hackensack University Medical Center, approximately 25 minutes from Newark Liberty International Airport and Midtown Manhattan.
The long-term goal of the laboratory's interdisciplinary research program is to develop novel immunotherapeutic and molecular strategies for targeted cancer therapy. The laboratory focuses on NF-kB as a therapeutic target in immunology and cancer, and on harnessing the thymus and genetic manipulations of hematopoietic progenitor cells for cancer therapy. The research program builds on previous discoveries involving small molecule inhibitors, progenitor cell immunotherapies and manipulations of the thymic microenvironment. The program incorporates both basic preclinical and translational research and is aimed towards clinical translation of its most promising discoveries. The successful postdoctoral candidate will have a strong interest in cancer immunotherapy and chimeric antigen receptor technology. The candidate will perform in vivo animal models and in vitro analyses. The postdoctoral fellow is expected to understand the project and work independently, taking responsibilities in the development and execution of experimental procedures to successfully advance the research project. The successful candidate will be responsible for preparation of data for presentations, progress reports, and the preparation of manuscripts and posters. The successful candidate will have a team-oriented mindset and will provide guidance to junior members.
Essential Generic Job Functions (List in order of importance):
- Proficient in cell engineering including retroviral and lentiviral gene transfer.
- Establish procedures for transduction of hematopoietic progenitor cells with chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) genes using various expression systems.
- Design and conduct animal studies including genetic and tumor models.
- Perform data analysis and interpretation.
- Present results in internal and external research forums.
- Participate in grant and manuscript writing, as appropriate.
Knowledge, Education and Skills Required:
- Hold a Ph.D. in Immunology/Molecular Medicine/Molecular Biology/Molecular Genetics, or equivalent from an accredited graduate level institution.
- Minimum publication of one article as first author in a reputable peer-reviewed scientific journal.
- Excellent analytical and presentation skills.
- Expertise in cell culture, cell engineering, flow cytometry, mouse handling, and basic cellular and molecular biology techniques required.
Knowledge, Education and Skills Preferred:
Knowledge and experience with CAR gene design and CAR cell engineering a plus
Contact Us: email@example.com