Personalized Cancer Vaccine Project Leader
The Oncology Therapeutic Area of Moderna is seeking an experienced Oncology Project Leader to lead the Personalized Cancer Vaccine (PCV) team, one of Moderna's leading development projects. Reporting to the Head of Clinical Development for Oncology, this role will be responsible for the long-term strategy and translational into execution of our Personalized Cancer Vaccine (PCV) Project. The PCV PL will lead a cross-functional team that includes a dedicated Project Manager as well as leads for Clinical, Regulatory, Manufacturing Ops, Tech. Ops, Research and clinical assays. This project is already well into phase 1 development and we expect it to progress into phase 2 and beyond.
Here's What You'll Do:
- Lead a motivated, committed and engaged PCV project team into phase 2 and beyond, in line with the company's mission and R&D best practices
- Provides strong scientific and project leadership, balancing pragmatism and innovation consistent with the R&D strategy.
- Work cross-functionally with functional line leads to ensure project deliverables are met
- Apply expertise in oncology drug development to direct appropriate level of project risk to enable smooth progression of the PCV program
- Creates, leads and delivers continuous improvement of the R&D mission and improve productivity within each phase of development
- Model and expects effective team behavior to achieve the project goals
Here's What You'll Bring to the Table:
- Advanced degree with at least 5 years oncology or vaccine project leadership experience leading a cross functional team and greater than or equal to 10 years of clinical development experience.
- Proven track record of project advancement and delivery in the oncology/pharmaceutical industry
- Experience providing scientific leadership for projects in the oncology/vaccines/pharmaceutical industry
- Experience leading a small team of Project Managers.
- Record of delivery of data in support of novel targets and programs that have advanced towards the clinic
- Demonstrated innovation and the ability to apply knowledge, techniques and skills to identify new drug targets
- Expertise in drug development and broad working knowledge of pre-clinical and clinical drug development
- Excellent clinical judgment and ability to communicate complex clinical issues in a scientifically sound and understandable way.
- Outstanding communication skills (verbal and written).
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to effectively collaborate in a dynamic, cross-functional matrix environment.
Here's What We'll Bring to the Table:
- The opportunity to impact the lives of patients with cancer utilizing one of the most exciting innovations in the field of immune-oncology
- Daily on-site catered lunches
- Company-provided iPhone
- Free parking, monthly subway pass or a subsidized commuter rail pass
- Highly competitive healthcare coverage including: medical offered through BCBS (HMO/PPO), dental, and vision offered through VSP
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical expenses and dependent care expenses
- 16 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for all new parents
- 16 weeks 100% paid family caregiver leave
- 20 weeks 100% paid medical leave
- Adoption assistance and discounts to local childcare centers, as well as access to care.com
- 401k (traditional and Roth offered) with 50% match on first 6% deferred. Match is vested immediately
- A suite of Moderna paid insurance coverage, including: life insurance, short-term and long-term disability
- Voluntary legal assistance plan
- 15 days of vacation and 7 sick days per year, in addition to a discretionary winter shut down and 11 company paid holidays
Why join Moderna Therapeutics
We are pioneering a new class of medicines made of messenger RNA, or mRNA. The potential implications of using mRNA as a drug are significant and far-reaching. It could transform not only how certain diseases are treated but also how medicines are discovered, developed and manufactured - at a breadth, scale and speed not common in the biopharma industry.
Since our founding in 2011, we have built the industry's leading mRNA technology platform, the infrastructure to accelerate drug discovery and speed early development, a rapidly expanding pipeline, and an unparalleled team. Our development pipeline includes development candidates for mRNA-based vaccines and therapies spanning several therapeutic areas, and we have multiple clinical trials already underway with other development candidates progressing toward the clinic. In addition, we have a number of discovery programs that are advancing toward the development stage.
We invite you to explore our site to learn more about our company and how we are advancing the promise of mRNA science to improve health and impact lives around the world.
Deliver on the promise of mRNA science to create a new generation of transformative medicines for patients.
Moderna is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Moderna will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.