Passionate Scientist in Protein Biochemistry and Protein Engineering
• NanoMosaic LLC. is a spin-off from Harvard University, based on exclusively licensed technology developed at Dr. Qimin Quan’s lab at Rowland Institute at Harvard. NanoMosaic is well-funded by the prestigious venture capitalist Tiger Management. This job opportunity is located in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
• We focus on developing innovative silicon photonic technology for biomedical diagnostics and drug development. Our cutting-edge technology also enables new frontiers of medical research for ultrahigh-sensitivity companion diagnostics and high-throughput drug discovery. We are looking for early team members with a strong passion to bring a disruptive technology to a reliable product, and a strong desire to play a key role in a multidisciplinary team.
• This position will lead all efforts to integrate existing protein assays to our core technology platform.
• Successful candidates must have solid knowledge and extensive experience with most current technologies for immunoassays, recombinant proteins, protein purification, protein labeling and protein modification technologies.
• Candidates who have previous research expertise in the field of neurology or immunology are of particular interest.
• This position will also be responsible for the efforts including documentation, collaboration and intellectual property development.
• Design, development and iterative improvement of immunoassays on biofluids and cell samples.
• Explore new assay concepts to increase the sensitivity, specificity and throughput of detection based on our current technology platform.
• Develop robust immunoassay protocols and scientific interpretations of measurement results.
• Collaborate with academic labs to refine the product and explore new applications of the product.
• Collaborate with physicists, chemists, engineers and bio-informaticians on experiments.
• Create documentation for the new protocols and designs; prepare reports for new intellectual properties.
• Creative, hardworking, and dedicated and must also have a strong track record of innovative problem solving in technical environments.
• A strong desire to grow by working on a fast-paced, highly-collaborative, multidisciplinary team.
• Master’s degree in Biochemistry, Biophysics, Structural Biology or related disciplines.
• 5+ years of hands-on experience in biology research or assay development, in-depth experience in immunoassays including ELISA, western blot, dot blot, bead-based assays, fluorescent assays and label-free assays.
• 3+ years of hands-on experience in protein purification and protein labeling techniques, solid knowledge in antibody technologies,
• Excellent written and oral communication skills and a proven ability to work well on a multi-disciplinary team.
• PhD degree in Biochemistry, Biophysics, Structural Biology or related field is preferred.
• Previous research expertise in the field of neurology or immunology is preferred.
• Experience in using miniature devices (including lab-on-a-chip systems) to perform assays is preferred.
• Experience in microscopy and image analysis (e.g. ImageJ or matlab) is preferred.
• Knowledge or experience in drug development processes is preferred.
Interested candidates please send (1) CV, with publication list (if applicable), and (2) contact information of three references to Dr. Qimin Quan at email@example.com
Further questions please send inquiry to Dr. Qimin Quan at firstname.lastname@example.org
NanoMosaic LLC. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Apply for Protein Scientist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly