Principal Scientist, Process Chemistry R&D
Moderna is seeking a Principal Scientist level chemist to join Process Chemistry R&D. The individual will be responsible for process chemistry development of small molecules including nucleotides and delivery materials, coordination and execution of syntheses in cGMP and non-GMP environment in support of the Company's growing pipeline of products.
Here's What You'll Do:
- Design and execution of multi-step organic syntheses on scale, high quality and timely fashion to support non-GMP and GMP production.
- Collaborate across multi-functional teams including Platform Research, Analytical Sciences, Technical Development and Quality & Regulatory Affairs.
- Provide input to identification of impurities and degradants present in drug substance through guidance and/or syntheses of authentic analytical standards.
- Collaborate with external partners in development, scale-up and material provision (CROs, CMOs).
- Communicate project updates to Moderna Leadership, Process Chemistry colleagues and external advisors, and industry partners.
Here's What You'll Bring to the Table:
- PhD. in Chemistry and minimum 8 years of industry experience in small-molecule process chemistry, including generation of processes and API materials for clinical studies.
- Current application and understanding of practices required to interpret guidelines and regulations (e.g. ICH, cGMP) from various agencies in global registration efforts.
- Ability to effectively collaborate in a dynamic, cross-functional matrix environment.
- Proven skills to integrate multi-factorial data, generate conclusions and design next steps.
- Experience working with CRO/CMO management and overall evaluation of vendors.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written).
Here's What We'll Bring to the Table:
- Daily on-site catered lunches.
- Company-provided iPhone.
- Free parking, monthly subway pass or a subsidized commuter rail pass.
- Highly competitive healthcare coverage. Including: medical offered through BCBS (HMO/PPO), dental, and vision offered through VSP.
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical expenses and dependent care expenses.
- 401k (traditional and Roth offered) with 50% match on first 6% deferred. Match is vested immediately.
- A suite of Moderna paid insurance coverage, including: life insurance, short-term and long-term disability
- Voluntary legal assistance plan
- 15 days' vacation and 7 sick days per year, in addition to a discretionary winter shut down and 11 company paid holidays.
- Adoption assistance, competitive parental leave, discount to local childcare centers, as well as access to Care.com
Why join Moderna Therapeutics
We are pioneering a new class of medicines made of messenger RNA, or mRNA. The potential implications of using mRNA as a drug are significant and far-reaching. It could transform not only how certain diseases are treated but also how medicines are discovered, developed and manufactured - at a breadth, scale and speed not common in the biopharma industry.
Since our founding in 2011, we have built the industry's leading mRNA technology platform, the infrastructure to accelerate drug discovery and speed early development, a rapidly expanding pipeline, and an unparalleled team. Our development pipeline includes development candidates for mRNA-based vaccines and therapies spanning several therapeutic areas, and we have multiple clinical trials already underway with other development candidates progressing toward the clinic. In addition, we have a number of discovery programs that are advancing toward the development stage.
We invite you to explore our site to learn more about our company and how we are advancing the promise of mRNA science to improve health and impact lives around the world.
Deliver on the promise of mRNA science to create a new generation of transformative medicines for patients.
Moderna is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Moderna will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.