(Senior) Real World Data Scientist, RWD Neuroscience (Job id: 201805-102541)
(Senior) Real World Data Scientist, RWD Neuroscience
Switzerland, Basel-City, Basel Headquarter
United Kingdom, Hertfordshire, Welwyn
As a Real World Data (Senior) Data Scientist within our Personalized HealthCare function you will conduct observational studies to generate impactful evidence and insights on our molecules/medicines and patients, that support R&D, advance scientific and medical knowledge, and enable personalized patient care and access.
You will collaborate with peers within the function and across the whole organization (e.g. Medical Affairs, Market Access, Drug Safety, Clinical Science, affiliates) to develop evidence generation strategies, identify evidence gaps and data sources, design and execute studies, and implement analyses to address molecule and disease area questions. Your research will be used in reimbursement dossiers, regulatory filings, publications and others.
You will contribute to functional, cross-functional, enterprise-wide or external initiatives that shape our business and healthcare environments. This will require a good understanding of molecule and disease area strategies, healthcare environments, as well as strong scientific and technical expertise in observational research. You will need strong strategic, collaboration and communication skills, as well as an entrepreneurial mindset, to transform the way we use data and analytics to develop and deliver medicines for our patients.
- IDENTIFY EVIDENCE NEEDS & RECOMMEND DATA SOLUTIONS: Ask the right scientific questions, understand the evidence needs for research and development, regulatory and market access, and ideate and make recommendations on fit-for-purpose data and analytics solutions.
- DEVELOP DATA STRATEGY & GAIN ACCESS TO DATA: Develop strategic plans to access fit-for-purpose data sources to support evidence generation, and gain access to data through collaboration or data generation.
- DIVE INTO DATA: Develop a comprehensive and deep understanding of the data we work with and foster learning with colleagues using analytical tools and applications to broaden data accessibility and advance our proficiency/efficiency in understanding and using the data appropriately.
- BE AN EXPERT IN APPLYING METHODS: Stay current with and adopt emergent analytical methodologies, tools and applications to ensure fit-for-purpose and impactful approaches.
- PRODUCE HIGH QUALITY ANALYSES: Apply rigor in study design and analytical methods; plan for data processing; design a fit-for-purpose analysis plan, assess effective ways of presenting and delivering the results to maximize impact and interpretability; implement and/or oversee the study, including its reporting; ensure compliance with applicable pharma industry regulations and standards.
- INTERPRET AND SHARE RESULTS: Communicate findings to internal stakeholders, regulatory, health technology assessment (HTA) bodies and scientific communities; publish results; participate in external meetings and forums to present your insights (e.g. congress/conference).
- COLLABORATE & SHAPE: Collaborate and contribute to functional, cross-functional, enterprise-wide or external data science communities, networks, collaborations, initiatives or goals on knowledge-sharing, methodologies, innovations, technology, IT infrastructure, policy-shaping, processes, etc. to enable broader and more effective use of data and analytics to support business.
- MSc or PhD in epidemiology, pharmacoepidemiology, outcomes research, health services research or biostatistics/public health (with focus on epidemiology/ observational research)
- 4+ years of relevant work experience
- Demonstrated track record of developing and executing epidemiological or outcomes research projects, with publications and presentations
- Demonstrated experience with managing project scope and driving delivery in an evolving environment requiring proactivity and effective problem-solving and prioritization when faced with challenges
- Demonstrated strong collaboration skills and excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated entrepreneurial mindset and self-direction, ability to teach others and willingness to learn new techniques
- Proficiency in English, both written and verbal
- Track record of effectively working in a matrix environment with global, international team members coming from scientific, business and operational backgrounds, using influence without authority
- PhD degree as listed in Minimum Qualifications
- Proven ability to translate and communicate complex study design and findings to diverse audiences
Who we are
At Roche, 94,000 people across 100 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we’ve become one of the world’s leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer and strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based upon an individual’s race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, mental/physical disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Location Switzerland, Basel-City, Basel Headquarter | United Kingdom, Hertfordshire, Welwyn Function Research & Development Subfunction Biometrics Schedule Full time Job level Job type Regular Division Roche Pharmaceuticals Posted since 2018/08/30 Job-ID 201805-102541