Associate Research Scientist
- Assist in carrying out complex and responsible assignments in support of research objectives in the area of nutrition as directed by the Director of AgriLife Research
- Assist in preparation of research and grant proposals and scientific publications
- Create and Maintain research compliance documents
- Plan and oversee the conduct of experiments in support of research projects
- Supervise laboratory personnel
- Collect data and keep detailed records of results
- Evaluate data and summarize results for inclusion in scientific publications
- Manage research budgets for appropriate resource allocation
- Provide leadership for research teams and project management for research initiatives
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Education & Experience:
PhD in Nutrition or relevant field.
3 yrs of experience with project oversight.
Prefer Licensure/Certification as a Registered Dietician.
Required special knowledge abilities and skills:
Strong interpersonal and communication skills with solid written, verbal and presentation skills and experience.
Ability to handle complex, stressful situations with diplomacy.
Good judgment skills and the ability to solve problems.
Ability to work in collaborative research environments.
Ability to multi-task and work cooperatively with others.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.