(Contract) Technician I, Quality Control (Bioassay)
Reporting to the Senior Manager of Quality Control, the Quality Control Technician I will provide routine laboratory support for bioassay testing of QC raw material, drug substance and finished product testing for mRNA products. The Quality Control Technician I may perform routine testing and projects as assigned.
Here's What You'll Do:
- Perform solution preparation and reagent tracking.
- Execute simple laboratory testing (eg: protein quantification assays) as needed
- Perform general laboratory support activities including equipment maintenance and housekeeping
- Perform data entry utilizing good documentation practices
Here's What You'll Bring to the Table:
- 2-4 years Quality Control experience in a cGMP organization with a focus in Biology; BS in a relevant scientific discipline preferred
- Ability to efficiently prioritize, manage and complete multiple projects and tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to collaborate effectively in a dynamic, cross-functional matrix environment
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Familiarity with relevant and current FDA, EU, ICH guidelines and regulations is preferred
- Knowledge of GMP, bioassays, aseptic technique and general laboratory instrumentation is preferred
Why join Moderna Therapeutics
We are pioneering a new class of medicines made of messenger RNA, or mRNA. The potential implications of using mRNA as a drug are significant and far-reaching. It could transform not only how certain diseases are treated but also how medicines are discovered, developed and manufactured - at a breadth, scale and speed not common in the biopharma industry.
Since our founding in 2011, we have built the industry's leading mRNA technology platform, the infrastructure to accelerate drug discovery and speed early development, a rapidly expanding pipeline, and an unparalleled team. Our development pipeline includes development candidates for mRNA-based vaccines and therapies spanning several therapeutic areas, and we have multiple clinical trials already underway with other development candidates progressing toward the clinic. In addition, we have a number of discovery programs that are advancing toward the development stage.
We invite you to explore our site to learn more about our company and how we are advancing the promise of mRNA science to improve health and impact lives around the world.
Deliver on the promise of mRNA science to create a new generation of transformative medicines for patients.
Moderna is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Moderna will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.